The Director of Marketing and Communications leads the Niagara Tourism and Convention Corporation’s (NTCC) marketing and communications functions to increase visibility and recognition of Niagara Falls USA and Niagara County and its assets as a leisure and convention destination.
Essential duties include:
- Build, develop, lead, assess performance and manage a marketing and communications team capable of carrying out the necessary and expected marketing strategies and goals. Presently, oversee a staff of three (3) including Communications Manager, E-Marketing Coordinator, and Marketing Coordinator
- Develop and implement the annual marketing plan which includes advertising, public relations, market research, sales promotions, collateral materials, website development, e-marketing, and social media
- Develop and achieve measurable goals and performance indicators to support the marketing plan.
- Develop annual budget to support and achieve annual marketing plan. Adhere to approved budget and report on variances.
- Ensure all marketing communications are integrated and strategic.
- Develop and implement a brand strategy for Niagara USA.
- Direct development of all marketing initiatives, including advertising and promotional campaigns, and other special projects designed to generate leisure visitor and/or convention attendee room nights.
- Responsible for all media buying and placement of all advertising in various mediums. Negotiate advertising rates and cooperative advertising buys along with implementing the advertising campaigns.
- Negotiate, secure contracts and manage any outside agency (ies) used for advertising, marketing, graphic design, and/or public relations efforts for the NTCC.
- Responsible for identifying market opportunities and developing short and long-term marketing strategies with objective of attracting overnight business.
- Direct the development, production, and re-production of all collateral materials including, but not limited to, the official Niagara USA Visitor Guide, Niagara Now In-Room publication, Destination Planner, restaurant guide, annual report, visitor maps, monthly e-newsletters, promotional DVD’s, and B-roll.
- Develop and oversee digital online marketing initiatives and strategies including but not limited to Google Ad Words, SEO, social media strategies, and other online vehicles while establishing tangible tracking/reporting tools, analytics.
- Direct development, continued innovation, and content maintenance of the NTCC website
- Develop and implement strategies for positioning the organization and its reputation, relevance and value within the community (elected officials, citizens, constituents) as the official DMO/TPA for Niagara Falls, NY and Niagara County.
- Manage all graphic services of the NTCC.
- Maintains statistics and data on ROI of all marketing and PR programs, and efforts for regular reporting and analysis of marketing plan and associated activities and programs.
- Maintain industry and organizational economic impact models, statistics, and research.
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships, sponsorships, alliances and cooperative campaigns. Identify and secure additional funding sources when needed.
- Work collaboratively with all staff on ensuring a consistent brand identity for all efforts that may involve marketing, advertising, events and promotion of Niagara USA/NTCC
- Coordinate with all departments in purchasing promotional items as needed.
- Responsible for strategically planning, implementing and reviewing all internal and external communication programs.
- Direct all public relation strategies and activities.
- Acts as a liaison and spokesperson between the corporation and all media; issues press releases and organizes press conferences in order to maximize media exposure for NTCC projects and achievements.
- Issue corrections to resolve inaccurate media and directory references that refer to Niagara USA without proper attribution.
- Expand the NTCC media efforts into new areas and media forms, including broadcast and internet opportunities in order to obtain maximum media coverage for the destination.
- Ensure that the Communications Manager is in constant contact with travel writers, editors and related media associates to solicit editorial coverage selling the destination as a leisure and convention destination.
- Track earned media on a continual basis; maintain copies of any coverage for proper reporting
- Expand and maintain a proper photo library for internal and external uses.
Destination Marketing Association International - 17 months ago