Director of Marketing (Job Number: 318947)
SAIC is currently seeking a Director of Marketing to be responsible for driving and implementing strategic and creative marketing efforts for SAIC’s Omnifluent™ Translate, Omnifluent™ Media, and Omnifluent™ Talk product lines in support of strategic business and revenue goals across federal and commercial markets. The Director of Marketing will work closely with SAIC management, corporate marketing, product management and sales staff to implement a marketing plan designed to drive revenue growth. The ideal candidate will have the ability to drive revenue and profitabile growth by increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of our sales force through the creation of a go-to-market plan that is specific and measurable, development of product messaging and materials that are compelling and differentiating, and by increasing our mindshare as a leader by evangelizing to market analysts and customers. Proven experience in marketing and positioning commercial products is required in order to be successful in this role.
Required Skills & Experience
- Develop and implement marketing strategy that is both specific and measurable, and can be tied closely with the overall revenue goals of the company.
- Direct the development of the marketing and communications strategy in a manner which supports consistent business growth and enhances brand equity and awareness
- Manage positioning, value propositions, competitive differentiation, marketing material, product launches and go to market plans for the product and solutions across various market verticals.
- Synthesize customer insights through market research, industry analysts, surveys and direct market touch points that are used to impact Product Development and Product Marketing programs to further the success.
- Develop creative expression and messaging to support product marketing plans for products, launches and releases implementing high impact and differentiated positioning and messaging across vertical and horizontal market segments.
- Drive new market opportunities and work with industry analysts to continually improve market positioning.
- Develop high-impact sales tools such as white papers, presentations, case studies, business cases, TCO/ROI analysis, and sales playbooks to help improve sales win rates and shorten sales cycles.
- Function as a primary interface to corporate marketing and sales management for the product marketing responsibilities
- Design and manage a dashboard for senior management and executive teams to measure the impact of go-to-market activities.
- 10+ years marketing experience, with 3-5+ years of product marketing experience.
- Experience managing product marketing strategy for software products.
- Expert knowledge of multiple marketing channels, including: email, online, mobile, and social media. Ability to identify new marketing channels specific to market segments and verticals.
- Experience tracking product marketing success using metrics.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into consumer insights.
- Proven success in a fast-paced work environment with a track record of delivering on projects with tight deadlines.
- Compelling track record of demonstrating initiative by taking on significant challenges, driving strategy and bringing innovative solutions to market
- Compelling track record of meeting key corporate objectives and exceeding revenue goals for new and existing products in a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence across organizational boundaries and execute through teams
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, communication and writing skills
- Must be comfortable working closely with the executive team, getting consensus around product marketing and got to market strategies
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree or equivalent (in a related field) and 8+ years related experience. Portfolio demonstrating the development and management of marketing campaigns or internal corporate-wide databases, products, tools, training materials, or briefings.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2012, 2:19:41 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIENNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...