The Director of Marketing Research and Intelligence provides consistent market information on an ongoing basis to inform University decision making and operations across several key areas: brand positioning, price sensitivity and brand value, market demand (for new and existing programs), audience perception, University competitors, and the effectiveness and ROI of marketing activities. The individual in this position will be expected to interact and collaborate effectively with administration, and campus academic and instructional leaders to conduct primary and secondary research to inform the feasibility of credit and non-credit courses, programs and opportunities.
The Director of Marketing Research and Intelligence will be a key member of the team responsible for developing an analytically driven marketing and sales channel optimization strategy. Combining knowledge of marketing mechanics with advanced analytical skills, this role will enable Lesley University to dramatically improve marketing effectiveness by creating an effective research function that leverages a combination of outsourced and in-house research studies, performance metrics, and competitive analyses to provide management information and improve admissions/enrollment performance. The Director will work closely with various internal teams to drive a fully integrated Marketing Intelligence solution. This position reports to the VP of Enrollment Management and will build and implement an integrated insight driven approach from the ground up.
- Track, analyze, and report on ROI of all marketing expenditures.
- Develop and maintain benchmarks to measure the impact of strategic marketing initiatives.
- Take a leadership role in designing and implementing reporting that supports consistent monitoring and evaluation of enrollment management and marketing key performance indicators and metrics.
- Assess marketing and recruitment initiatives e.g. electronic publications, social media strategy, mobile applications and others through competitive research and business analysis, and provide strategic insights and recommendations to leadership.
- Provide leadership for market research and feasibility studies of new and existing program offerings.
- Collaborate and consult with internal and external academic leaders to identify needs, goals and objectives for marketing research and projects.
- Develop and implement research proposals and plans outlining specific methods, techniques, deliverables, timeframes, and needed resources for outsourced and in-house research studies.
- Manage the complete research process, including project planning, data collection and analysis, report writing, and updating key stakeholder and collaborators on the progress of outsourced and in-house research studies.
- Work with appropriate internal and external staff to efficiently and effectively implement research projects.
- Conduct primary and secondary research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative market research methods.
- Summarize and interpret data and results of research studies, and provide necessary data and actionable recommendations to inform the program planning process.
- Advise academic and instructional leaders on how to best interpret and apply research findings.
- Operate as a strategic thinker and demonstrate knowledge about the market for credit and non-credit programming.
- Contract and serve as main contact with outside vendors to support market research priorities and data collection projects.
Master’s degree in marketing, communication, statistics, higher education administration or related field.
At least five (5) years of senior-level marketing experience, including at least three (3) years of experience in higher education or a related industry
Must possess the analytical skills and ability to understand and utilize complex data, and deep knowledge of, and facility with, metrics for both competitive marketing and ROI.
The demonstrated ability to develop proposals and work plans for market research
Proficiency to design, implement and manage marketing research projects.
Proven capability to conduct mail, telephone, and internet surveys, focus groups, interviews, and implement other data collection methods.
Competence in using descriptive and analytic statistics to interpret and explain data.
The capacity to prepare written research reports and present complex data to a wide audience.
Additionally, we expect that the ideal candidate possesses many of these characteristics:
- Highly skilled professional who strives for excellence in all that s/he does;
- A creative strategic thinker with the ability to execute strategy;
- Possess a high degree of sensitivity and emotional intelligence with customers;
- Utilizes creativity to develop innovative ideas when problem-solving and making decisions;
- Works productively autonomously and works with the team when seeking consensus among colleagues and subordinates;
- Simultaneously sees and conveys the big picture to others and focuses on the details of project implementation;
- Communicates and interacts well with colleagues, subordinates and staff throughout the University;
- Learns quickly and leverages learning in constructive ways;
- Has the ability to work under pressure and projects calmness and professionalism in stressful situations;
- Behaves ethically and with integrity in all phases of the research process;
- Projects a positive customer-service mindset while leading research projects;
- Works effectively in an academic setting and quickly understands the market for credit and non-credit courses; and
- Has a demonstrated track record for achieving and exceeding performance goals.
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Compensation is commensurate with experience
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS .
Lesley University is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Lesley University - 10 months ago