Florida Southern College is invites applications for the position of Director of Marketing and Communication.
The Director develops and implements a strategic news and media relations program with a goal of increasing the visibility, awareness, and reputation of the College with a variety of audiences, most notably national media. The Director serves as the primary media contact for the College and works on special projects that enhance visibility and brand.
1. Lead overall brand identity strategy for the College; create a strategic marketing program that maximizes demand for the College’s degree programs; and secure positive local, regional, and national media attention.
2. Develop, implement, and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing and communications program working at both strategic and tactical levels that focus on building visibility in local, regional and national print, online and broadcast media.
3. Oversee the editorial direction, design, and production of all publications, College web properties, social media initiatives, advertising, and media with a goal of creating dynamic, engaging materials that authentically convey and reflect the key brand attributes of Florida Southern College.
4. Work collaboratively with senior administration to offer proactive and strategic communications support and leadership to offices and programs throughout the campus.
5. Develop and oversee overall College marketing budget; track, analyze, and report ROI for all marketing expenditures.
6. Assess proposed new marketing initiatives e.g. electronic publications, social media strategy, mobile applications and others through competitive research and business analysis, and provide recommendations to leadership.
7. Direct and contribute to the writing, editing, and design of all communication and marketing materials. Oversee production from draft creation, proofing, and distribution of final product. Execute and manage elements including: article/topic selection, research, content and writing/editing.
8. Approve all design and copy of collateral material.9. Secure the College’s inclusion in numerous nationally recognized college ranking guides and enhance its profile coverage.
1. Coordinate College responses to media inquiries and assist College leaders and others across the campus with media relations, crisis management, and related communications issues.
2. Monitor national media and education trends, especially those with implications for Florida Southern College.
3. Provide briefing materials and other background information to the president and senior staff for meetings with media and special projects.
4. Support the College and have a positive visible presence on campus and at College events.
5. Direct market research activities to keep abreast of changing demographics and other relevant issues in order to evaluate marketing and communication activities and to monitor emerging issues.
6. Ensure new publications and marketing staff are in compliance with the College’s identity standards for the proper and consistent use of the College’s seal and logo. Monitor and enforce campus-wide compliance with the College’s image and publication standards.
7. Contribute to the overall success of the Advancement Department by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. A Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in communication or marketing preferred.
2. 5 years’ experience in communication and/or marketing, preferably in higher education.
3. Demonstrated track record of strong partnerships with media and other public relations professionals.
4. Superb written and oral communication skills; sound management and presentation skills; the ability to think creatively and analytically and to synthesize ideas quickly under deadlines; and the sensitivity, diplomacy and flexibility to balance diverse communications goals and needs.
5. Strong writing, revising, editing and proofreading skills.
6. Proficient with multitasking, organizing, and prioritizing while maintaining high standards of accuracy and quality under deadline pressure and with a high level of professionalism.
7. Must be willing and able to work extra hours during peak periods, including occasional evenings and weekends.
8. Must be able to exercise judgment on a wide range of issues in written and oral expression, including style, tone, length, organization, etc.
9. Exemplary interpersonal skills.
10. Computer literacy, specifically word processing.
11. Knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, and standards for the management and disclosure of public information.
12. Knowledge of public information and community relations concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques.
The scope of the job frequently requires work at night and on weekends to complete jobs.
Founded in 1885, Florida Southern College is a private, comprehensive United Methodist-affiliated college. The College maintains its commitment to academic excellence through 50 undergraduate programs and distinctive graduate programs in business administration, education, and nursing. Florida Southern has a 14:1 student/faculty ratio; is a national leader in engaged learning; and boasts 27 NCAA Division II national championships. It is ranked the #1 Best Regional College in Florida and #4 in the region by U.S. News & World Report. It is included in The Princeton Review’s “377 Best Colleges” guide, The Fiske Guide to Colleges 2012, and Forbes Magazine’s “America’s Top Colleges” guide. The College is committed to the development of the whole student through vibrant student life programs that prepare graduates to make positive, consequential contributions to society. Located on scenic Lake Hollingsworth, Florida Southern is home to the world’s largest single-site collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture. Recently ranked for the second consecutive year as the #1 “Most Beautiful Campus” in America by The Princeton Review, listed as one of the nation’s top “Ten College Campuses with the Best Architecture” by Architectural Digest, and recently designated as a National Historic Landmark, FSC is an internationally-recognized place of beauty and excellence and is conveniently located within an hour’s drive of both Orlando and Tampa, Florida.
World Education Network
- 2 years ago - save job