Blendtec is an awesome place to work. See why!
Blendtec, who is the leader in blending technology, is seeking a strategically-minded, experienced Director of Marketing. Are you looking for both challenge and reward in your career? If so, this opportunity will provide a creative, driven, innovative individual with the opportunity to have a direct impact and experience the excitement in our highly innovative and growing company.
The Director of Marketing will work closely with multiple functions including Commercial and Retail sales, Engineering, Human Resources, President, and CEO. The position will direct/oversee a professional marketing department of 19+ professionals and be responsible for growing and developing the marketing department team members.This will be an exciting and unique opportunity to shape and define the future of Blendtec through the role of Marketing Director.
Essential Functions include:
- Develop and execute comprehensive national and global marketing strategy for both short and long range objectives, support sales, revenue goals, and brand awareness of organization.
- Research, analyze and monitor financial, consumer demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Lead organizational efforts to gain profound understanding of market trends and convert that understanding into a clear set of profitable growth initiatives.
- These would include opportunities in emerging markets, global markets, retail and commercial sales channels.
- Creating innovative concepts to assist in driving these concepts into commercialization. Understand key industry trends.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitor competitive professional and consumer marketing activities, and address as needed through market strategy.
- Routinely analyze business trends, anticipate issues/opportunities, and develop action plans.
- Support various sales channels through marketing efforts.
- Direct the development of copy and content for use in various internal and external marketing materials, online, electronic media, brochures, email campaigns, catalogs, presentations, trade show graphics, newsletters, websites, advertising, press releases and articles for industry publications. This would be for new and existing products.
- Manage the execution of marketing projects with cross-functional teams, provide strategic vision and business leadership to support the creation and evolution of new products.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners.
- Facilitate operation of marketing group to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to marketing problems and opportunities.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current and new product concepts, and provides feedback for future product development.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, materials, and events.
- Establish ad lead team of product managers to develop new products for retail and commercial customers.
- Travel of 25% or more is expected.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Marketing, Business, Communications or related.
- 10+ years of demonstrated and progressive Marketing experience.
- 5+ or more years in Director level position. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in marketing and activating consumer products in a retail environment such as packaging, POP, advertising, PR, etc.
- Experience in marketing and supporting commercial products to national accounts and through wholesale distribution channels.
- Experience as a product manager, having successfully brought products from concept to launch in a retail and/or commercial environment.
At its core, Blendtec is innovation. With our greatest satisfaction coming from embracing new ideas, improving upon old ones, and, ultimately, making even better blenders. If you want to make a direct impact on company success... If you crave a pace that keeps up with your own personal drive... That's what you'll find when you blend your own skills with the Blendtec ideals of innovation, quality and humanity.
Please read on to learn more about what it means to work at Blendtec. We look forward to getting to know you!
We offer great benefits to our employees: medical and dental insurance; professionally managed 401k; no cost life insurance for employee and dependents; short and long term income replacement disability insurance; incentive pay; employee discounts on company products; available three weeks of paid time off; education reimbursement; free blender; massage therapist; on-site medical clinic; fitness center with personal trainer; employee lunch cafeteria.
Blendtec runs criminal background checks, drug screening and E-verify on each new hire.
***Applicants must include reason for leaving for each previous employer.***
To complete a brief application of interest that takes less than ten minutes please click on Apply Now
Blendtec - 17 months ago