Broadwind Towers, Inc. is seeking a Director, Materials in Manitowoc, WI to manage all aspects of purchasing, production planning, scheduling, inventory, and shipping and receiving across supply chain. Position requires a procurement professional that delivers results at competitive costs for the optimum level of material and inventory to meet order requirements. The Director will ensure customer orders are fulfilled on schedule with materials received on time within specifications and processed, tracked and finished on due dates. Inventories for materials, in process and finished goods are maintained accurately with cost effective strategies across entire supply chain to generate on time shipments and adequate inventory turns. The Director will manage direct reports in Purchasing, Scheduling, Logistics, and Shipping/Receiving functions. Multi plant responsibility at Senior Management level with Executive Team membership and responsibilities.
In This Position, You Will Have the Opportunity to:
What You Need to Succeed in This Position:
- Implement a fully functional supply chain management/production control infrastructure.
- Provide maintenance and accuracy of data in MRP/ERP system (staff provides input and issuance from inventory, raw material incoming and releases, in process bill of materials, routings and labor distribution).
- Review and approve of material purchases as required by customer specifications and contract fulfillment and requirements.
- Assure purchasing is completed from approved vendors with required company terms and conditions, including clear and complete specifications covering applicable attributes and testing requirements of material purchased.
- Assure purchasing is completed through use of company formal and controlled Purchase Orders and processed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ascertain material received is verified to include count, identification and quality, in accordance with applicable purchase order.
- Ensure questionable material received is immediately segregated and identified prior to being released for use and all non-conforming material is returned to source in a timely manner for credit or replacement and in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Develop and implement systems necessary to assure proper identification of materials received, stored and inventoried.
- Assure material is stored in an orderly, efficient and safe manner to provide required stock rotation and inventory turns based on order requirements.
- Maintain on-going program to identify secondary and more cost effective sources for material commonly purchased.
- Assure purchase costs are reasonable and accurately recorded and that receiving, inventory and shipping procedures are in harmony with needs of Accounting procedures and sound financial practices.
- Assure accurate inventories and cycle counts are conducted on all material in a timely basis.
- Notifify management of missing inventory for review and action.
- Assure awareness of excess inventory conditions and materials requiring inordinately long lead times.
- Direct employees taking inventories in a manner that assures accuracy and timeliness.
- Collaborate with management to assure accurate shipping records, full compliance with applicable transportation regulations, timely billing of customers, and adjust as needed.
- Encourage development of personnel through selected readings, seminars, trade shows, workshops and company-sponsored studies and training programs.
- Improve knowledge of purchasing, inventory management and shipping procedures and practices, in addition to managing people.
- Recommend staffing changes, promotions, or status
Bachelors Degree or a Masters Degree in a Supply Chain, Logistics, or Operations Management Area. APICS/ISM certification as a CPIM or CIRM is desirable. Prior expertise and accomplishments with ERP/MRP II Enterprise Software and Inventory experience would be a plus.
Broadwind Energy, Inc. - 4 months ago