Director of Media Content
Los Angeles, CA
Director of Media Content manages all aspects of the media department
Project Management - Manage all projects from conception/planning and scheduling through implementation/delivery. Communicate with creative team in a fast paced environment. Responsibility for ensuring that a project does not go out of scope during any phase of production or post-production.
Media Team Management - Responsible for communication clearly and accurately to all teams involved on the project.
Media Budget - Creates and managers yearly media budget and execution of authorized plans, purchase orders, and invoices. Communicates with production companies and outside vendors on billing issues. Maintains accurate spending forecasts and cost reports. Manages all activity for media budget tracking.
Manage Production Companies - Manage production companies in the development and execution of Media plans, from bid through delivery. Acts as primary contact with production companies/agencies: manages day-to-day relationship and supervises their work.
Manage Freelancers and Outside Vendors – Maintains and develops new media relationships with freelance crew, directors, and vendors. Oversees coordination of all production, crew, talent, and travel.
Legal – Negotiates and reviews all contracts before they are sent to Legal/CMO for approval and signature. The production companies, music syncs/licenses, and freelance crew.
Trend Analysis – Monitor the media marketplace to stay on top of the trends. Identifies opportunities and emerging media and understands new technologies and consumer reaction.
Distribution Management – Creates and manages process for distribution and hosting of post production assets to brands videos platforms i.e., web, vendors, YouTube, social media channels, sales reps, and internal channels.
AtTask Management – Oversees the process for receiving and evaluations internal and external requests for media assets. Provides rapid turnaround and delivery of approved requests.
Asset Management – Works with post-production team and IT to establish a robust digital asset management system to support a full service, in house media production services team. Develop conventions and systems for the logging, naming, and transcribing of all media assets. Optimizes archival assets into contemporary formats to integrate into the system architectures created.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 10-15 years of experience in Film and Media production.
- Strong story development, production and editorial judgment.
- Must possess strong calendar and organizational skills and confidence in keeping creative and post teams on deadline for deliverables.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills as well as ability to multitask, motivate a team and meet strict deadlines. Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work well under pressure is a must.
- Ability to communicate in both technical and creative areas. Must have a creative background as well as a technical background, so that he/she can communicate the client’s technical and creative needs to the team.
- Qualified candidates must also be very experienced with tracking costs, handling production insurance, and clearances.
Chief Marketing Officer
Commensurate with Experience
TOMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer