Tully Rinckey PLLC, a successful full-service law firm with offices throughout New York State and metropolitan Washington, DC, is seeking a Director of Media Relations to join our team. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine). The firm has also been recognized as Best Places to Work by the Albany, NY and Washington, DC Business Journals.
The Director of Media Relations is responsible for the execution of public relations programs and reports directly to the firm's Director of Marketing. This position is designed to strengthen, accelerate and diversify the firm's media relations. The Director of Media Relations is responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of media relations tasks, including the development of press materials, outreach, and event planning and management.
- Create PR programs closely aligned with the firm's marketing campaigns.
- Create and implement effective local and national media strategies for the firm's practice areas.
- Create and distribute press materials to local and national media. Pro-actively create and pitch story ideas to media outlets.
- Procure writing and speaking opportunities for the firm's attorneys.
- Provide media coaching and training to attorneys and firm management.
- Cultivate relationships with media in a wide variety of outlets.
- Draft award winning nominations for the firm and its attorneys.
- Monitor local and national media and report results monthly.
- Manage the firm's social media.
- Strategically plan and organize community events and community outreach strategies.
- Research, write, edit and disseminate copy for newsletters, brochures, flyers and other public relations materials.
1. 3-5 years of agency public relations experience, experience in a newsroom, or have served in a public relations role at a professional services firm.
2. Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or a similar field.
3. Self starter, pro-active, and able to take the lead on complex tasks.
4. Possess very strong interpersonal skills as well as verbal, written, and presentation skills.
5. Demonstrate the ability to grasp and interpret complex legal concepts.
6. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
7. Experience in Microsoft Office suite and media industry software.
Benefits include 401(k), medical, dental, and voluntary life and LTD insurance.
Please submit your cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements for consideration.
Tully Rinckey PLLC - 13 months ago