The YWCA Bergen County, a 92-year old New Jersey non-profit with a $7.8 million budget and a mission to eliminate racism and empower women has an immediate opening for a Director of Membership.
The Director of Membership is responsible for growing and servicing the YWCA Bergen County’s member base, developing campaigns to grow and retain members, implementing membership projects and managing the Membership Department in processing of membership fees. It is the primary customer service department for YWCA members, responding to their needs, requests, and concerns. The Director of Membership will also represent the YWCA in its relationships with numerous external constituencies.
Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Sports Management or related field or equivalent work experience within the area of membership development and at least 5 years of experience in a membership director/manager role required. Experience in non-profit field preferred.
Licensing and/or Certifications:
CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, AED and Oxygen required or must be certified within 60 days of hire.
- Knowledge of membership development.
- Customer Service and training skills.
- Technology skills including experience with database management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement membership strategy and marketing campaigns and drives.
- Ability to work independently and meet goals under specific deadlines.
- Proven salesmanship and ability to inspire and motivate prospective members.
- Proven staff management skills and experience.
- Superior communication (verbal, listening and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed oriented and strong commitment to customer service.
- Team player and capability to work in a multigenerational and diverse environment.
Travel: Must be able to travel.
The YWCA Bergen County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.