Director of National Television Sales
New York, NY
Come join us! Rentrak is an information management company serving clients in the entertainment, media, retail, and advertising industries. If you're sharp, hard working, and enjoy a cooperative work environment, we're offering a place where you can work alongside talented peers working on interesting, dynamic and fun projects. We're a small enough company that you can make a big difference here, but we're big enough to reach a national audience.
We are currently seeking a Director of National Television Sales to add to our growing company of talented team members. This position is responsible for selling Rentrak’s TV Measurement and advanced analytical services to broadcast and cable networks. This main function of this role is business development and relationship building with major broadcast and cable networks. Successful candidates must demonstrate a successful track record of cultivating collaborative relationships with senior executives in various departments within networks. The Director will utilize his/her experience in media research and an understanding of various departments within a network utilizes media research data to be effective in business development. This person is also expected to leverage existing relationships in order to maximize sales of Rentrak’s products. The Director is expected to demonstrate strong knowledge of advanced targeting solutions, segmentation t targeting, pricing and planning, ad sales, marketing and promotional functions within networks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Develop relationships with senior executives at networks with a core focus on using Rentrak services to for advanced targeting and measurement.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of the relationship between network research, ad sales and marketing departments. Independently create solutions for networks and present Rentrak information as a key component of those solutions.
- Work with the external and key internal stakeholders at the networks to uncover sell through revenue opportunities above and beyond a network’s base syndicated subscription to Rentrak services.
- Forward Rentrak’s goal of being used as a currency in the network marketplace
- Achieve revenue goals as assigned by SVP Agency Sales.
- Master's degree (M. A.) in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent experience
Eight to ten years related experience and/or training
- Minimum of 10 year experience working with TV industry leaders and executives from major TV networks
- Demonstrated knowledge of the TV advertising buy/ sell ecosystem including sell side processes
- Demonstrated experience with existing buy side platforms and measurement and data providers (e.g. Simmons, MRI, StarMedia, MSA, Lake Five)
- Existing relationships with leaders from networks, agency and advertiser community (ARF, 4A’s, IAB, Starcom Mediavest, GroupM, IPG, etc.)
- Outstanding marketing, communication, networking, presentation and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to present to clients and negotiate with internal departments
- Demonstrated success selling products and solutions within the television industry.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.
Rentrak Corporation proudly supports Affirmative Action. Rentrak Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. Rentrak participates in eVerify.
*No recruiters or agencies please.