Why Work at Children's....
Children's Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years. Founded in 1908, Children's Colorado is a leading pediatric network entirely devoted to the health and well being of children. Continually recognized as one of the nation's outstanding hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Children's Colorado is known both for its nationally and internationally recognized medical, research and education programs as well as the full spectrum of everyday care for kids throughout Colorado and surrounding states. With more than 1,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric specialties, Children's Colorado Network of Care includes its main campus, 16 Children's Care Centers and more than 400 outreach clinics.
A career at Children's Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child.
Department: Gastro SLA (Service Line Adm) Hours per week: 40, eligible for benefits
Shift: Mostly Monday through Friday, days. Requires flexibility
The Director of Nursing in the Digestive Health Institute, in collaboration with service line medical and administrative leadership, is responsible for the organization, planning and directing of clinical programming and professional practice in the gastroenterology service line. The Director position also provides oversight and leadership for a focused continuous quality improvement and consistent service excellence and program outcomes.
* Minimum 5 years clinical experience required; 2 years progressive leadership and 2 years of specialty clinical nursing experience required; pediatric nursing experience strongly preferred.
* Basic computer skills required. Excellent customer service and communication skills with hospital/clinic staff, children, parents and visitors. Knowledge of medical/clinical operations, collaborative practice models, and budget management required.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize tasks in a fast paced setting with excellent written and verbal communication abilities. Ability to work independently and as a team member required.
* Demonstrated excellence in the delivery of clinical care; focus on outcomes with ability to establish effective processes to achieve outcomes
* Understands the importance and integration of research and education programs with clinical programs; must be a systems thinker with exemplary interdisciplinary communication and collaboration skills; strong process improvement and negotiation skills; demonstrated interdisciplinary leadership with ability to lead multidisciplinary teams; strong patient and family advocate;
* Strong understanding and ability to work from a philosophy of family centered care required.
* Preferred License/Certification: Specialty or PNP certification.
* Masters Degree required; Masters of Science in Nursing preferred.
* ANCC or Magnet Approved Certification; specialty certification if appropriate.
* BLS for Healthcare Providers / CPR
* Registered Nurse
* Membership in a professional nursing or health care organization.
For a detailed job description and to apply, visit the 'Careers' section of our website http://www.childrenscolorado.org Or email Karen Barber, RN at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
American Organization of Nurse Executives - 8 months ago