The facility has enjoyed excellent surveys and solid financial performance over the lsat several years and we expect that to continue. This WILL NOT be a turnaround situation.
MUST HAVE DOCUMENTED DON EXPERIENCE NO EXCEPTIONS
Summary: Manages the facility nursing program in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, applicable State and Federal regulations, and policies and procedures.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
- Valid RN license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification.
- Three years experience as a Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, or equivalent supervisory nursing experience.
- Rounds on unit at least once daily
- Performs general management functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees.
- Interview and hire new nursing staff.
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues.
- Review time sheets for accuracy before payroll.
- Manages the Nursing Department with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Develops and manages systems to assure clinical competiencies.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Identification of training needs.
- Initiates studies to evaluate effectiveness of nursing services in relation to their objectives and costs.
- Develops and manages nurse - on call system.
- Develops the department budget for approval, monitors expenses and stays within budget.
- Investigate and resolve residents/family/employee concerns.
- Ensures that annual competency evaluations and performance reviews are completed in the appropriate time frame.
- Participating in Employee Recognition Program.
- Pro-actively addresses survey and/or standards of care issues.
- Develop and manage staffing schedular system.
- Plans and guides the professional development of nursing staff.
- Ensures that adequate nursing staff are available based on facility/census requirements salary 80-100k
American Coalition of Healthcare Recruiters
- 2 years ago - save job