Oakwood Villa is a leading provider of long-term skilled nursing care and short-term rehabilitation solutions. Our 96 bed facility offers a full continuum of services and care focused around each individual in today’s ever-changing healthcare environment.
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Registered Nurse with the desire to make a difference in the lives of our residents, the residents’ families, and our team members. You must be organized and have the ability to communicate effectively with residents, their families, medical personnel, and facility staff, in a confidential and professional manner. As Director of Nursing, you will have the autonomy, budget, and staff to provide the best in nursing care.
Oakwood Villa has been serving Eau Claire , Chippewa and Dunn Counties since 1983. We are nestled in a beautiful wooded setting, adjacent to Oak Gardens Assisted Living Center , and within six miles of Sacred Heart and Luther Hospitals . Oakwood Villa is situated on the Eau Claire city bus line, near several churches and shopping centers. Our facility is Medicare and Medicaid certified.
Qualified candidates will have:
Wisconsin RN License
2 years of experience in nurse management in long-term care
Strong knowledge of state and federal regulations
Strong leadership, mentoring, and teambuilding skills
Long term care experience is necessary
We offer an industry leading compensation and bonus package including: health, dental, vision, sick time, vacation time, pto, paid holidays, paid licensure / professional dues, 401K with match, and much more!
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF NURSING
REPORTS TO: ADMINISTRATOR
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Responsible for the planning, organization, direction, supervision and evaluation of all the nursing services provided in the facility. Ensures nursing department compliance with federal, state and local regulations and implementation of Extendicare nursing core programs. Ensures maintenance of records and reports concerning resident care. Ensures the orientation and training of nursing services personnel. Manages the Nursing Service department within budget Follows all Extendicare policies and procedures.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of this position involve significant physical activities including standing, lifting ( up to 60 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and twisting. The tasks on this position description marked with an asterisk ( *) are those that regularly require these physical activities. All employees of nursing homes may be required to provide lifting and transfer assistance to residents. Lifting and/or transferring some residents will require use of a lifting device and /or assistance of other staff
1. Supervisory Responsibilities · Makes daily work assignments. · *Directs the work of employees. · Schedules lunch and rest breaks · Authorizes early departure from work. · Authorizes overtime. · Reassigns employees from one area to another area as facility needs dictate. · Prepares written evaluations of assigned employees. · Enforces facility policies with authority to issue Disciplinary Action Reports as needed. · Authority to suspend employees for rules violation. · Initials time records to authorize variances. · Interviews applicants that will be assigned to his/her area of responsibility. · Receives and handles employee complaints. · *Participates in training programs and assists in orientation of new staff.
2. Plans, organized, directs, supervises, and evaluates all nursing services provided in the facility to achieve desired clinical and financial outcomes.
3. Ensures that facility is in compliance with all regulatory requirements and Extendicare standards.
4. May direct staff in absence of the Administrator.
5. Ensures physicians make visits as required.
6. Ensures necessary equipment, supplies, and staffing are available for the delivery of the prescribed resident/patient care.
7. Completes rounds of the facility at least daily to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations.
8. Ensures each resident’s/patient’s RAI/IPOC process is carried out on a timely basis.
9. Is responsible for recruitment, training, supervision, scheduling, and personnel issues in the nursing department.
10. Ensures the maintenance of licensure status for all nursing employees.
11. Manages the nursing department budget.
12. Works with regional personnel to continuously improve the quality of resident/patient care.
13. Coordinates Infection Control, Performance Improvement, and other concurrent review functions of the facility.
14. Represents the facility in various professional and community activities.
15. Participates in marketing planning, activities, and evaluation.
16. Ensures customer service standards for the nursing department.
17. Ensures nurses administer discipline fairly and according to the handbook.
18. Ensures nurses prepare the written evaluations as required.
19. Interviews applicants that will be assigned to his/her area of responsibility .
Keywords: Director of Nursing, DON, Director of Nursing Services, DNS, Unit Manager , nurse manager, nurse, registered nurse, RN, Healthcare, medical, medical care, geriatric, Geriatric Care, Skilled Nursing, Long Term Care, LTC, Skilled Nursing Facility, SNF, Consultant, Clinical Leadership, Clinical Services Consultant, Director of Clinical Services, Vice President Clinical Services, VP Clinical Services
Extendicare - 16 months ago