Carmel Hills Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, LLC, a leader in the long-term care industry and growing quickly, invites you to join us. Our culture is that of an innovative, ethical, and caring team. If you want to help people and really make a difference in the quality of their lives, then think of us. In the process, you will make a real difference in your life as well.
Under the direction of the Administrator, the Director of Nursing is responsible for the administration and management of Nursing Services to residents in accordance with orders of the physicians and total needs of the residents. The Director of Nursing is Responsible for 24-hour supervision of Nursing Services.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for coordinating plans for the total care of each resident which comply with physician’s orders, governmental regulations and facility resident care policies.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection, hiring, orientation, training and dismissal of nursing personnel.
- Assists in controlling nursing service hours and supply costs, including recommendation for the number and type of nursing personnel to be employed and nursing service equipment and supply needs.
- Participates in admission and discharge planning for residents.
- Maintains contact with physicians as necessary according to resident needs, facility policies and governmental regulations.
- Evaluates performance of nursing personnel reporting to her/him and maintains evaluation records.
- Coordinates nursing service with other resident care services provided; such as physician, dietary, occupational, physical and speech therapies, resident activities, social services, medical records and business office.
- Assures that a resident Plan of Care is established for each resident and that the plan is reviewed and modified as needed.
- Encourages staff development and professional growth.
- Presents professional image to consumers through dress, behavior and speech.
- Adheres to Company standards for resolving consumer concerns.
- Ensures that all resident rights are protected.
At Carmel Hills Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, LLC, we recognize people as our most valuable asset. Therefore, we offer our employees a competitive benefits and salary package as well as a rewarding and successful work environment.
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state in which practicing.
- 2+ years of nurse management experience in a Long-Term Care facility and/or Assisted Living setting.
- Excellent leadership skills, communication skills and HR skills.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 2 years ago - save job