Director of Nursing
Basic Duties :
The Director of Nursing (DON) reports to the Health Services Administrator and works closely with the facility Physician. Directly supervises the nursing staff, clerks and pharmacy employees; and acts as the Nursing Supervisor. Performs duties concerned with the care of the sick and injured, prevention of illness and promotion of good health in compliance with CHC policy, state directives and correctional healthcare standards. Contributes to the overall mission statement for the health services unit.
Working Conditions :
Work is performed inside a correctional facility. CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. Due to the nature of our business, we cannot clear individuals with H1B or J1 status for employment and some facilities will not to clear individuals with bad debt or recent bankruptcies on their credit report. CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
Employment Requirements :
- Must have and maintain a current, unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse in the state of practice .
- Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally-designated state accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Current CPR certification.
- Ideal candidate will possess corrections and nurse manager experience.
Physical/Mental Requirements : Must be able to perform the essential elements of the position with or without accommodation. This position routinely requires (but is not limited to) the following:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
- Must comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
- May be required to pass a consumer credit check.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance with the client as a requisite for initial and/or continued employment
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies to meet the required 4-minutes or less emergency response time
- Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Correctional Healthcare Companies - 17 months ago