We are seeking a compassionate and professional Director of Nursing to manage the nursing department of a 200+ bed skilled nursing facility. As Director of Nursing, you can take advantage of a unique opportunity to step in and assess the facility to help reach the goal of becoming the premier skilled nursing care home in the Sarasota, Florida area.
Additional tasks of the Director of Nursing include:
- Implementing compliance and quality improvement policies, programs and procedures
- Ensuring that all nursing personnel in our facility comply with established standards, practices and regulatory requirements
- Maintaining and improving the quality of patient care and standards of care
As Director of Nursing, you will administer nursing programs and oversee the provision of skilled nursing care to residents.
Additional responsibilities of the Director of Nursing include:
- Developing and implementing nursing department budgets in coordination with our management team
- Ensuring that patient care plans contain accurate documentation and are amended as needed
- Working with the Assistant Director of Nursing to create nursing personnel work schedules
As Director of Nursing, you must possess strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with patients, families, physicians, community resources and the general public.
Additional requirements for the Director of Nursing include:
- Associate’s degree in Nursing or higher from an accredited school of nursing
- Valid Florida RN license
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Director of Nursing
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working in a skilled nursing or long-term care setting
As Director of Nursing, you can expect an income of $95,000 to $100,000 per year based on experience plus a fun and rewarding work environment and a benefits package that includes health insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan.
At De Vore Recruiting, we bring a combination of expertise in the healthcare field, along with years of recruiting knowledge, to find you...