- Assures development and maintenance of nursing standards, policies, and procedures based on established nursing knowledge and research in accordance with all applicable federal, state, local professional and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the on-call process.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with the Executive Director and other members of the management team.
- Demonstrates effective leadership in managing daily operations in nursing.
- Thoroughly and accurately evaluates performances of staff over the past year.
- Discusses evaluation and develops specific action plans to improve performance.
- Provides feedback throughout the year to help staff meet standards.
- Consistently plans for adequate staffing and space requirements. Ensures that staff are properly educated to perform assigned duties.
- Ensures accountability for and participation in the orientation process.
- Provides orientation, initial and annual competencies, supervises and evaluates performance of Home Care Coordinator, and Clinical Coordinator.
- Performs competencies on appropriate Nursing stafff as needed.
- Assures quarterly supervisory visits to staff in the field occur.
- Assures that staff maintain participants' medical record and fulfills Lutheran Senior Healthcare charting and reporting requirements
- Assures that staff provide health counseling to participants and their families on an individual or group basis.
- Serves as a liaison between Lutheran Senior Healthcare and contracted Home Health services (as needed).
- Controls and prioritizes utilization of nursing staffing needs to reflect actual enrollee needs.
- Maintains fiscal accountability for the provision of nursing services provided.
- Participates in developing and organizing new staff orientation, training and on-going in-services training for staff, independent contracts.
- Follows all Lutheran Senior Healthcare Policies and Procedures and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients or families.
- Handles potentially infectious specimens with appropriate biohazard precautions, and practices Universal precautions.
- Maintains safe working environment. Follows Lutheran Senior Healthcare's Safety Policies and Procedures and Universal Precautions.
- Participates in and supports Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings. Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
- Performs other duties as required or requested.
Experience and Skills
RN License - New Jersey
Current driver's license and proof of auto insurance
5-years nurse management experience in a hospital, nursing home or community-based setting.
Minimum of 1 year working with the frail or elderly
Lutheran Social Ministries of NJ - 11 months ago