Under the direct supervision of the Director of Clinical Services (DCS) , the Director of Nursing assists in oversight and coordination of delivery of nursing services
- Coordinates nursing schedules and payroll with the assistance of the Staffing Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings with clinical staff
- Ensures PI data is complete for reporting the first Monday the week of MOR
- Ensures PI projects are complete as scheduled, reports deficiencies to DCS.
- Is available on call 24/7. Arranges for appropriate coverage when unable to be on call
- Oversees staff schedule, ensures schedule is balanced throughout the week
- Ensures cancellations are properly documented by staffing coordinator
- Responsible for staff performance.
- Addresses patient complaints timely.
- Ensures nursing documentation meets state, federal, and accrediting agency standards
- Monitors staff performance and attendance. Records variances and counsels staff as appropriate in collaboration with Human Resources Manager, Supervisors and DCS. .
- Oversees House Supervisors and outlines role expectations. Ensures duties assigned are performed as scheduled Assesses skill levels of staff when planning and coordinating the delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of licensing standards and regulations as they pertain to nursing.
- Conducts walking rounds to assess unit environment and staff issues.
- Develops department specific audits to address documentation and patient care issues
- Ensures nursing documentation is appropriate and according to policy and procedures.
- Addresses physician complaints in a timely manner
- Ensures staff conduct remains professional and consistent with hospital policies and procedures
- Provides input into the development of a Departmental budget
- Utilizes knowledge of fiscal management when making daily operational decisions.
- Assists in communicating department based productivity plans to department personnel in a positive and supportive manner.
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategies to correct when productivity goals are not met.
- Attends meetings and seminars as required and is timely in attendance.
- Assists DCS in ensuring nursing department policies and procedures are current and are reviewed on an annual basis.
- Ensures daily staffing is adequate to meet patient needs and acuity
- Provides training to staff regarding nursing concerns, issues, and procedures on an as needed basis.
§ Must be licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
§ BSN preferred
§ Minimum two years nursing management and/or supervisory experience preferably in LTAC or Acute Care.
§ Must be certified in BLS /ACLS.
Must be licensed in the state of Texas.
In 1992, Nexus Health Systems embarked on a mission to create specialized healthcare environments where patients could receive treatment and...