The Director of Nutrition and Community Outreach is responsible for nutrition related programs and their education component, activities and partnerships as well as contract management and client satisfaction. This position will work across disciplines in order to better integrate programmatic activities and DC Central Kitchen operations. This position will also supervise department staff and all applicable interns.
DC Central Kitchen (DCCK) is a national leader in the future of hunger relief, empowering the next generation of leaders to implement innovative models for combatting hunger, developing food systems, and helping communities to help themselves.
- Manage new and existing community outreach programs including Healthy Corners – Distribution of fresh produce and snacks to DC food deserts. Truck Farm – Mobile nutrition education tool promoting healthy eating to students in DC. Partner agency meals – Distribution of meals to local shelters, afterschool programs and other partner agencies - and any additional programs.
- Direct Community and Nutrition outreach staff in customer outreach, client satisfaction, program growth, meal compliance, nutrition education and staff development.
- Maintain monitor and evaluate programmatic data collected in online data tracking system.
- Review and approve existing and new contracts with partner agencies and future clients.
- Interface with regional and national strategic partners on issues related to hunger, nutrition and public policy.
- Act as consulting Senior Registered Dietitian.
- Assist Development team with management of new and existing grants and other related activities.
- Provide ongoing training to DCCK staff on nutrition principles and specific ways to improve nutritional quality of meals prepared.
- Guide staff members through government requirements for the reimbursement programs through which DCCK gets funding for the meals it provides for various after-school programs.
- Improve DCCK’s nutrition curriculum by developing new lessons and strengthening current ones for external and internal partners.
- Monitor data on number of classes and students taught, conduct client evaluations and complete reports on these statistics.
- Develop, design, collaborate and analyze menus with procurement and culinary staff and external partners.
- Ability to stay flexible and keep a sense of humor while working well in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence change.
- Computer proficiency which includes Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Commitment to the mission of the organization.
- 3-5 years of prior Program Management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or related field. (Advanced degree in Nutrition related field preferred)
- Must be a Registered Dietitian accredited by CADE.
- Well versed in public policy, community nutrition, at risk populations and USDA reimbursable meal programs.
- Ability to present nutrition education, public policy or information on related topics pertaining to DC Central Kitchen to large groups.
- Familiarity with nutritional analysis software for adults and children.
- Experience in contract management, finance and Profit and Loss statements preferred.
- Strong Collaborative skills and self-motivated.
- Must have program development and community relations experience.
- Moderate physical activity required.
- May be required to work (occasional) evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel between DCCK outlets, special events and administrative locations.
*****PLEASE READ: Please put cover letter and resume into one document as the system allow one upload per applicant submission******
DC CENTRAL KITCHEN - 15 months ago