JOB TITLE: Director of Operational Reporting
REPORTS TO: Managing Director of Operations
JOB GOAL :
The Director of Operational Reporting is critical to the successful and efficient running of YES Prep Public Schools. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Student Information System (SIS), Food Services, PEIMS and State Reporting. In addition, the Director of Operational Reporting will provide guidance and mentoring to the Operational Reporting team, campus-based Operations Managers and School Registrars. This position services, mentors, trains and coaches the group staff of SIS system, PEIMS, Food Services and Campus Operations to ensure the implementation and maintenance of clear operational systems that allow the campus School Directors and teachers to focus on students and families. Therefore this position requires an individual who embraces innovation and continuous improvement, is willing to get his/her hands dirty, and relishes the challenge of finding ways to work smarter and more cost-efficiently. This position will work closely with his/her team, School Directors, Campus Operations Managers and the YES Prep Shared Services teams.
ILLUSTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manages and performs submissions of System PEIMS data to the state.
- Manages and maintains SIS (Student Information System) and other student data.
- Manages and supports direct reports, including the PEIMS Specialist, SIS Manager and Food Services Manager.
- Serves as a resource for central and campus-level teams as it pertains to SIS and PEIMS policy/procedure and guidelines.
- Develops and implements procedures to collect student and staff data as required by rules and regulations of the TEA.
- Serves as a liaison between YES Prep Home Office personnel and Region IV’s Educational Service Center for PEIMS.
- Serves as a liaison between Central personnel and Partnering Districts for both SIS and PEIMS.
- Works with Central Personnel and Campus-level administration to define and implement staff and student requirements.
- Maintains and manages oversight of training for SIS system for both central and campus personnel.
- Responsible for providing information as it pertains to data collected for grants management.
- Collaborate with and assist other Department Directors on projects as needed.
- Manage daily administrative operations including the establishment of work priorities and resolving of problems related to the day-to-day operations of the school.
- Additional duties as assigned.
CAMPUS BASED RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage internal audits at the campus level to provide recommendations and information concerning the SIS and additional data collection for improvement and correction.
- Responsible for supporting campuses with on-site trouble-shooting as requested.
- Works with schools on process improvement for scheduling, grading and attendance data collection and correction.
- Manage the entering of building set-up, master scheduling, student scheduling, and maintenance of the student information system.
- Prepares reports for all school operations including, but not limited to, enrollment, attendance, fund accounting, payroll, meals and transportation.
- Perform regularly scheduled coach-in’s with Campus Operations Managers to achieve success in Campus Strategic Goals and Campus Improvement Plans.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Director of Operational Reporting will p rovide coaching, training and mentoring to a team of System staff and Campus Operations Managers within the following areas:
Finance and Purchasing :
- Maintenance and/or supervision of cash receipts, disbursement journals and accounts receivables.
- Oversee, coordinate, maintain, and/or process payroll time sheets, sick and annual leave documents, travel reimbursements, purchasing documents, and/or employment documents for school based faculty and staff.
- Perform routine deposits and reconcile all campus accounts.
Student Information and Compliance :
- Enter building setup, master and student schedules and maintenance of student information systems.
- Prepare reports for all school operations including, but not limited to, enrollment, attendance, funds accounting, payroll, meals and transportation.
- Oversee the maintenance and retention of all school-based records.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge, and support of YES Prep Schools mission, values, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior as stated in Employee Field Guide.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal laws, local board policies, administrative guidelines, and the Texas Educators Code of Ethics.
- Serve as appropriate role model for YES Prep colleagues, students, staff, and parents.
- Conduct self in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate trustworthiness in dealing in confidential matters.
- Ability to perform a variety of task, often changing assignments on short notice with little direction.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year educational institution, Master’s degree preferred.
Job Specific Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 6yrs experience working with SIS and PEIMS;
- Excellent communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills;
- Proficient with eSchoolPlus operation and management;
- Proficient in current Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Project);
- Understanding of student registration process, course scheduling process and other core campus eSchoolPlus processes;
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and follow-up skills and a demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently;
- Ability to evaluate problems and implement effective and creative solutions;
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork;
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports;
- Ability to analyze, develop, establish, and maintain efficient office work flow and administrative processes;
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment in decision-making;
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, procedures, and programs specifically related to the business operation of public schools in Texas;
Additional Skills and Mindsets:
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Belief in and commitment to the mission and core value of YES Prep Public Schools;
- Openness to giving and receiving frequent feedback;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team;
- A dedication to learn, grow, and develop as a professional;
- Belief that every student can and will achieve;
- Ability to work urgently in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and initiatives at once;
- Detail-oriented and self-directed;
- Initiator, problem-solver, and creative thinker;
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
COMMITMENT AND COMPENSATION :
- Frequent prolonged and irregular hours of duty
- Some light manual labor
- Endure inclement weather conditions to provide for student safety
Length of Work Year:
Year-round position; evening and weekend commitments also will be required
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience; YES offers a friendly and committed team of colleagues, and a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability, plus supplemental policies, and retirement programs, including the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and a 401(k) plan.
* The forgoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. YES Prep Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
YES Prep Public Schools - 12 months ago
These students are hooked on higher education. The University of Texas System runs nine universities throughout the Lone Star State with a...