A’viands, a progressive Minnesota-based food and services management company, is seeking a hands-on and innovative Director of Operations to provide support to the operations field staff and new business development staff of the K-12 segment in the Southwest and Midwest Regions.
Responsible for support to the operations field staff and new business development staff of the K-12 segment by providing support services to K-12 District Managers, Food Service Directors, Director of New Business Development and Vice President of Education and Business Dining. Responsible for monitoring the adherence of the organization’s policies and procedures while providing administrative direction for food preparation, distribution and service, budgeting, financial management, purchasing, sanitation standards, human resources and safety practices, and staff development. Also monitors compliance with standards of practice and regulatory requirements. The Director of Operations is an integral part of the future success of the organization as whole and works closely with all supporting departments within the organization. This position is to provide support service within the Southwest and Midwest Regions.
- Ensure continuous improvement process for all operational systems, processes and policies in support of organization’s mission.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (IT, Nutrition, Culinary, Human Resources, Accounting, Learning & Development) through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and operational functions.
- Support company policies, procedures and programs while mentoring and holding the District Managers accountable to the same.
- Oversee overall financial management and results, planning, systems and controls.
- Oversee and review annual location and District Mangers budgets in conjunction with Vice President.
- Development of program budgets for all School Nutrition locations and Overhead Support Positions.
- Consult with Vice President and other departments regarding the technical and administrative aspects of dining service. Coordinate food service activities with other disciplines.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Dietitian/ Support staff to keep informed of customer nutritional concerns.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments of locations.
- Provide orientation and design specific training and development programs for staff
- Plan, conduct, and oversee continuous employee training and competencies.
- Monitor specific staffing patterns to include: appropriate levels, replacement procedures, and assignments appropriate to qualifications.
- Conduct quarterly School Nutrition leadership meetings.
- Attend department head, safety, quality assurance, and other facility or corporate meetings as directed.
- Make frequent inspections of all work, storage, and servicing areas to determine that regulations and directions governing Foodservice activities are followed including compliance with safety and sanitation.
- Keep Executive Leadership and Vice President informed of department activities, needs, and problems.
- Review segment performance and institute changes in techniques or procedures to improve services, simplify work flow, assure compliance with regulatory requirements, and promote more efficient operations.
- Coordinate with Directors of New Business Development on all sales processes and contract renewals in School Nutrition Segment.
- Coordinate with District Manager’s transitions and support staff for new account openings.
- Stay current with all Federal and State program school nutrition requirements and reimbursement processes.
- Assist in design of all emergency planning processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in School Nutrition Market
- Minimum 5 years’ experience coordinating food service operations.
- Demonstrated ability to teach others.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills.
- Demonstrated excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising large staff.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
A’viands is based in Roseville, Minnesota and provides services to senior living communities, nursing homes, hospitals, correctional facilities, colleges and universities, school districts and business dining facilities in the Midwest and Southwest. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!
Aviands Food & Services Management - 9 months ago