Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in management, technical, engineering, administrative or related field preferred.
• 3-PL experience preferred.
• Strong written and presentation skills required.
• Experience in designing and utilizing spreadsheets (Excel) and presentation software (PowerPoint and/or Prezi) is required.
• Experience working in a high growth environment.
• Maintain a passion to be the best in your field.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Entrepreneurial mentality and work ethic.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude even on challenging days.
• Responsive to requests and supports decisions with facts.
• Effective manager, mentor, and leader of supervisory level subordinates.
• Creative problem solver who never gives up or accepts the status quo.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills, coupled with excellent verbal & written communication proficiency.
• Ability to provide meaningful opinions as a key member of the senior management team.
• Expertise in managing daily operations including client interface, compliance issues, solving day-to-day crisis, formulating action plans and developing comprehensive solutions for these matters.
• Strong skills in establishing performance improvement milestones, setting reasonable expectations, measuring success of changes, and achieving committed goals with a minimum level of outside support.
• Excellent ability to perceive client's needs and issues. This includes the business savvy to discern when to push back on a client's demands and when to accept the client's demands.
• Customer service skills that earn praise and respect from the most difficult customers.
Under minimal supervision, the selected candidate must be responsible for managing, controlling, directing, and administering multiple managed field operations in the distribution and manufacturing sector. Responsibilities include all aspects of an operational environment from Budget creation and Profit and Loss attainment to hiring and mentoring new leaders within the organization. The candidate is fully responsible for managing effective day-to-day operations by directing, training, mentoring, guiding and leading over 1,000 performance associates. This position requires the ability to resolve personnel, compliance, process, client, and operational issues while proactively leading the accounts and consistently exceeding customer expectations.
Primary accountabilities include successful management of multiple customer relationships, increasing revenue from each existing account, improving contribution margin within each location, and delivering customer service at jaw dropping levels. This leader must be detail driven while maintaining big picture perspective. The selected candidate must have the motivation, confidence and skill to earn the COO role within their 5-10 year career plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates integrity and transparency in all actions.
• Internally motivated to perform at superior levels on all assigned tasks.
• Excellent communicator that understands the audience and adjusts their communication to match the needs of the audience.
• Prepares quality reports and delivers them with comfort, confidence and ease to senior management and executive teams.
• Willing to get their "hands dirty" when required.
• Actively participates in the development of each site's long-range operational plan supporting strategic company goals.
• Coordinates and performs special projects as requested utilizing established analytic techniques and methods.
• Experience in effectively implementing lean operations, six sigma, 5S, and best practices. We are looking for a practitioner and not a theorist.
• Analyzes financial and operational performance, compares reality to historical trends and standards, and acts creatively and decisively to generate maximum results.
• Responsible for performance evaluations, compensation recommendations, training, motivation, counseling and discipline of the assigned team.
• Exerts management control over all aspects of compliance. This includes safety, operations, quality, on-time performance, process control, training, and administrative functions.
• Speaks, acts, leads and believes in the necessity of operating a safe and accident free work environment.
• Ensures each site is managed strictly according to the current company strategy which includes critical focus on safety, production, quality, throughput and work measurement.
• Maintains exceptional and transparent communication with peers, clients and teams.
• Accepts ownership and responsibility for both wins and losses.
Insource Performance Solutions - 22 months ago