The Director of Operations is responsible for working with the district managers and providing the leadership necessary to ensure that all stores and regions in the state meet all operating objectives, sales and financial goals; follow all company policies and procedures, and deliver outstanding customer service. The Director of Operations is also responsible for making sure store employees and district managers are properly motivated and trained, and that qualified replacement district managers are developed and ready to fill district management positions opened through expansion and turnover.
- Ensure that complete and thorough regional reviews are made of each store in each region on a consistent and frequent basis to determine that the stores are operating consistent with all company policies and procedures, are in compliance with all legal requirements, and are meeting the store’s financial goals and objectives.
- Review and critique the District Manager’s store reviews to make sure they are constructive and have produced their intended result.
- Prepare and review annual budgets with District Managers.
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements for each region/store to determine those that are not operating within the assigned budget and/or meeting financial goals, and take corrective action.
- Develop and execute plans to improve store and area performance as needed.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase total market share and revenues.
- Work with each District Manager in establishing weekly and monthly goals.
- Forecast monthly revenues, gain of accounts and bad debt results.
- Review each store’s operational results with the District Manager weekly via telephone and give instructions on those areas of the store’s operation that need attention and improvement.
- Report weekly results to the Executive Vice President.
- Work with the District Manager to develop and execute plans to improve store and regional performance as needed.
- Approve loans up to a higher authorized amount.
- Ensure that all stores in the assigned territory are providing outstanding customer service and establishing special business relationships with our customers so that they will choose to do business with us rather than our competitors.
- Make sure all transactions are completed in compliance with Federal, State and Local Laws and Regulations.
- Make certain District Managers observe and monitor customer transactions to ensure legal and company compliance.
- Resolve and document customer complaints that cannot be settled at the regional level.
- Visit stores on a regular basis to make sure they are operating in accord with company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for staffing, training and on-going development of all employees in the state.
- Help recruit and hire employees as needed so as to maintain a full staff at each store to maximize customer service and store efficiency.
- Develop, promote and monitor effective career developmental programs and action plans for all employees.
- Ensure that employee evaluations and performance reviews of all store employees are made on a timely basis and recommend salary increases.
- Conduct timely and accurate employee evaluation and performance reviews of all Regional Managers and initiate salary increase recommendations.
- Approve monthly employee bonuses for each store and District Managers and submit them to the Executive Vice President for approval.
- Make sure that employee corrective action plans are completed and documented when needed.
- Document and resolve all employee complaints or direct the issues to the proper level of management for resolution.
- Make sure all new hire paperwork is complete and sent to personnel department in a timely manner.
- Make sure monthly held check audits of each store are completed by Store and District Managers in accord with company policy.
- Ensure that company audits are answered in a timely manner and in accord with company policy.
- Make sure that bad debt accounts are sent to corporate collections in a timely manner and in accord with company policy.
- Represent the company in an honest, professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Be a positive example to his/her employees by demonstrating professionalism, good conduct and judgment at all times.
- Review expenditures within each region.
- Recommend new store locations.
- Oversee the opening of new stores.
- Perform other duties or instructions legally required by management.
- Provide operational support and help resolve accounting, auditing, legal and customer service issues that cannot be resolved by the District Manager by working with appropriate corporate office departments.
- Review and approve payroll.
- Recommend qualified store managers for district manager positions.
- Travel within the assigned territory.
- Make sure that store shortages are promptly repaid.
- Promote and approve local periodic solicitation/marketing promotions and mailings.
- Make sure a neat and clean store environment is maintained in all stores for our customers and employees at all times.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of eight years verifiable multi-unit management experience or successful regional management experience ideally from the following industries: retail, financial, restaurant, hospitality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills and experience
- Good personnel and management skills
- Experience in collections
- Experience in working with computers
- Must be honest and have integrity
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Benefits for eligible employees include: medical / dental / vision, 401k, vacation, opportunities for advancement, on-going training available. PLS is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer and drug free work place.
PLS Financial Services - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -