Premier Placements is the #1 Resource for Manufacturers. We specialize in recruiting services for any position, ranging from Production Worker, to Senior Executive level positions.
Our client, manufacturer of a well-known product, is currently in search for this new position of Director of Operations. All functions outside of engineering will report to this position. This is an extremely fast-paced environment where manufacturing does occur off-shore. Very important to this client is the personality mix and work ethics. No detail can go unnoticed in this role!
Summary of Functions:
As a member of the Company’s management team, the Director of Operations ensures that the Company's everyday activities run smoothly. They will monitor performance metrics to evaluate how efficiently and effectively the Company and its personnel are operating. The Director of Operations is responsible for reviewing, evaluating and refining all business processes and procedures on an ongoing basis. Accordingly, the Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing some aspects of the work of other managers. This is a working manager position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the business in accordance with the Company’s mission, core values and strategic plan.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the Company’s NET margin goals.
- Ensure that all managers stay on track with their departmental budgets and performance metrics.
- Ensure employee performance metrics are aligned with the Company’s mission, core values and strategic plan goals.
- Regularly evaluate the performance of all direct reports and mentor, coach or graduate, as appropriate.
- Ensure Company compliance with all applicable city, county, state, Federal and international regulations.
- Chair and attend daily progress huddles, weekly management meetings to address Company-wide issues, and quarterly goals alignment meetings.
- Manage the IDEAL Product Development Process and Production Schedule and ensure the timely flow of data and communication across the product development process. The goal is 100% on-time product delivery.
- Follow existing and/or establish processes and procedures that ensure the efficient operation of the Company and which help the Company meet its revenue and NET margin goals.
- Become the Company’s Netsuite Guru and provide Netsuite workflow and processes training to all employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field from an accredited US college or university.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience managing operations for a design/manufacturing company.
- Absolutely excellent written and oral English-language communication skills.
- Deep understanding of ERP systems.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Familiar with project management principles and reverse scheduling.
ZipRecruiter - 16 months ago