Director of PR, Investor Relations & Corporate Communication
Please fill in the information below and use the navigational buttons to continue.
Warning: Using your browser's Back and Forward buttons may produce undesirable results.
The Director of Public Relations, Corporate Communications and Investor Relations is responsible for managing a comprehensive, strategic U.S. and International public relations and investor relations program and for the strategic planning, development and implementation of both an external and internal communications program designed to enhance the Company’s reputation and support the business objectives of Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of IR, PR, and Corporate Communications, the Director will work to ensure that the function effectively supports the company’s strategic goals and reporting requirements, as well as to ensure that appropriate disclosure rules and regulations are met.
• Prepare and manage the company’s external communications including press releases and responding to investor/media questions. Ensure that all communications are consistent with the company’s brand and business strategy and adequately address investor concerns. Prepare or supervise preparation of Q&A and key message documents for oral use in fielding investor and media questions about issued press releases or other public statements. Ensure that all communications with investors comply with Regulation FD and Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Coordinate Management briefings and preparation of a regularly-updated Briefing Book for Management. Participate in the creation of quarterly Board briefing packages.
• As part of the IR, PR, and Corporate Communications team, cultivate and maintain favorable relationships with current and prospective investors and the investment community. Responsible for planning and implementing programs which build greater awareness and excitement about the company, broaden the base of investors and have a positive impact on company valuation.
• Develop strategy and message position for all proactive media initiatives executed in support of corporate and product marketing objectives. Collaborate in preparation of all corporate promotional materials including websites, investor kits, annual reports etc and ensure that such materials effectively communicate Sucampo’s strategic message and positioning.
• Develop and manage internal communication processes and initiatives to ensure that all Sucampo employees are hearing a consistent message from the leadership team. Design and oversee the preparation of formal internal communications such as the Sucampo newsletter, company meeting agendas and presentations. Collaborate with all relevant parties to ensure the most effective and accurate means of communications.
• Partner with CEO, CFO and Senior Management to determine most appropriate venues for building relationships with investment community. Assist in preparation for and coordination of all investor conferences, meetings, and annual shareholder meetings. Determine and prepare content and design of Power Point presentations, including in some cases oral scripts, and other audiovisual materials (e.g., videos) as appropriate.
• Provide regular communications to management regarding the market including weekly stock prices for Sucampo and publicly traded peers, education on what the investors are asking about Sucampo, relative market valuations, research analyst reports on Sucampo and competitors, competitor press releases, competitor conference call transcripts, and general news of note which may affect the biomedical business. Monitor stock surveillance reports and inform Senior Management of significant changes in stock ownership. Provide senior management with comparative valuation data on a quarterly basis
• Act as media liaison and/or internal/external spokesperson when appropriate. Build relationships with members of the media, external business partners, key influencers, and internal and external constituencies. Collaborate and communicate with external business partners to align messages and external communications.
• Oversee the selection, hiring, management and evaluation of public relations and/or investor relations agencies supporting the Sucampo brands. Develop and manage budgets for public relations programs. This position will also participate in "ad Hoc" assignments and assist, as needed with crises/issues management media activities for the company.
• Candidate should have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Seven(7) to ten(10) years’ experience in the Public Relations/Investor Relations function with at least five(5) years working with a public biotechnology or pharmaceutical company.
• A minimum of three years of experience managing consumer or healthcare corporate communications programs.
• A proven track record of successful strategic public relations/communications, corporate communications, product approval and launch communications support and/or media relation’s achievements are required.
• Successful track record of building effective relationships with investors, analysts, the media, and business partners.
• Must possess the maturity to influence senior management, balancing assertiveness with diplomacy, and being able to resolve disagreements while at the same time knowing when to accept management’s decisions and act upon them accordingly.
• Demonstrated success in working in a collaborative and cooperative manner, as well as on the ability to operate independently.
• Experience with national and local media and awareness of emerging media channels, as well as professional/trade and third-party community organizations and government agencies, is required.
• Candidates must be comfortable with change and ambiguity.
• Superior quantitative and reasoning skills, ability to function independently but exercising good, sound judgment, a positive attitude, and a genuine interest in the biological sciences and health care.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills are required, including the preparation of press releases, corporate communications, analyst conference scripts, shareholder letters, etc.
• Experience supervising agencies and/or freelancers is required.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel required with prior experience in developing corporate presentations.
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to embracing diverse backgrounds. Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - 21 months ago