Common Sense Media is the leading independent nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology. We're growing and getting national media attention on almost a daily basis.
Our innovative funding model combines both earned income and philanthropic sources of revenue. Common Sense Media's age-appropriate media reviews (movies, TV shows, video games, mobile apps, books, websites and music) and parenting advice can be accessed via leading media and technology companies, including Comcast, DIRECTV, Time Warner Cable, Yahoo, Google, Best Buy, Symantec, Cox Communications, Verizon, Netflix, Fandango, and many others.
We're currently seeking an experienced, talented, and dynamic Director of Partnerships to join our thriving team to leverage our partnerships in order to optimize integration, broaden our distribution footprint, and help increase our brand awareness and value – while also seeking new opportunities for monetization.The ideal candidate for this position will have deep experience in digital media business development, strategic and creative thinking skills, a collaborative work style, and a strong track record of building relationships and managing complex projects. The ability to work across multiple functional areas and management levels is critical: You must be comfortable and effective dealing with senior executives, as well as product managers and editors.
You should be comfortable working with both startups and giant media companies and operating in the uncharted waters where technology and media meet. Experience in the education market is a significant plus. We have strong stable of highly visible partners, all of whom need ongoing attention.
The Director of Partnerships will be based in San Francisco and will report to the Vice President of Business Development. Some travel will be required.
- Maximize existing partnerships in order to increase distribution of Common Sense Media content, promote our brand, and monetize new opportunities
- Establish partner communications pipeline – email, calls, in-person meetings – in order to build strong and productive relationships, bringing in internal stakeholders as necessary
- Understand the key business drivers for our partners, including long- and short-term objectives, and develop solutions leveraging our expertise and content
- Monitor technical integrations to ensure that they happen in a timely manner; continually encourage deeper integrations by offering up ideas and proposals
- Be intimately familiar with contractual terms and use of our content to ensure compliance
- Engage internal stakeholders for brainstorming ideas to strengthen engagement and drive new revenue opportunities
- Provide leadership to the organization regarding competing services and new opportunities; help develop product offerings that align our strategic interests with those of current/potential partners
- Contribute to business development strategy, including identifying emerging opportunities, defining our value proposition, determining pricing and other sources of value
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RESUME
THE “X” FACTOR
- BA required, MBA or JD preferred
- 7+ years relevant experience, including sales, business development, channel marketing, and/or project management
- Knowledge and passion regarding media landscape, including distribution and business models
- Proven chops as an organized, entrepreneurial self-starter – someone who swiftly identifies what needs to get done and is eager to make it happen
- A strong track record of strategic relationship and project management
- The proven ability to build relationships
- Strong presentation skills, including developing PowerPoint materials and delivering those presentations to senior executives.
You have great attention to detail and follow-through
You have a true sense of ownership and are passionate for results
You're a skilled communicator and collaborator and are inspired by the Common Sense Media mission
You have a great sense of humor – even when meeting tough deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER
The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals – we're not your grandmother's non-profit!
Very competitive salary based on experience
An organization that offers work/lifestyle balance
Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, a free gym membership, and a matching 401(k) plan
The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids this generation and the next!
Common Sense Media Inc. - 12 months ago