The Director, Performance Excellence is responsible for agency-wide quality systems and process improvement initiatives. This position provides leadership, support and consultation to all internal departments on quality and process improvement while monitoring the agency’s adherence to quality standards and key performance indicators.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Develops and implements an agency-wide quality and performance excellence system.
2. Documents, tracks, measures and reports on outcomes from quality initiatives. Maintains corporate goals dashboard.
3. Performs quality assurance audits throughout the agency and monitors compliance with internal and external standards including but not limited to CARF, GII, quality standards, local, state and federal regulations, etc.
4. Maintains and controls revisions for the Standard Operating Procedures manual. Assists in the development of SOP Manuals by working with department leaders and other key staff members.
5. Implements Quality Improvement initiatives based upon customer feedback and tracks results.
6. Develops, tracks and consults with key staff on the key performance indicators for their area to ensure ongoing compliance with the best practices and/or processes.
7. Analyzes data to support informed decisions. Builds capacity of existing data bases for data analysis.
8. Incorporates Mission and Core Values into all aspects of the decision making process.
9. Works with all customers to provide quality service and ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
10. Follows safety policies and procedures and ensures safe-working conditions.
A degree in business management or equivalent in business, engineering, operations or other closely related fields. A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience is preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and the ability to implement process improvement systems. Previous experience with Baldrige or other recognized approaches to setting and measuring performance based standards. Computer experience a must.
Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware County, Inc. - 20 months ago