Oversee the pharmacy and keep the pharmacy in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
• Fulfill all requirements of Pharmacy Manager as defined by the State of Colorado rules and regulations; ensure compliance with all State practice of pharmacy.
• Engage in all aspects of pharmaceutical care, including prescription dispensing, maintaining records, and clinical pharmacy practice (Counseling patients and reviewing drug therapies). Assist physicians in gaining knowledge and educations about particular medications, medication usages, and drug/drug interactions.
• Maintain all licenses pertaining to the pharmacy, including State of Colorado pharmacy license and DEA license.
• Maintain all contracts including Medicaid/insurance provider contracts, and wholesaler/manufacturers contracts. Evaluate and enroll in new contracts when appropriate.
• Maintain and establish (as needed) policies and procedures for daily operation of the pharmacy; oversee business and financial transactions, including cash register, Medicaid/third-party payor remittance, maintaining inventory and prescription billing charges.
• Hire, train, and supervise other personnel employed in the pharmacy, including pharmacists, technicians, assistants and auxiliary employees. Complete yearly evaluations.
• Maintain confidentiality and HIPPA compliance and obtain request a release of information for all prescribers a consumer uses.
• Attend regular continuing education courses and stay updated in the field of pharmacy.
• Provide leadership, consultation and training Centerwide around issues related to pharmaceuticals, policies and procedures, adverse events and medication errors.
Skills / Requirements
Must have a MS or PharmD in pharmacy and current active State of Colorado license. Must have at least 1 year supervisory and management experience. Must have basic computer skills. Background and Professional license checks required.
Jefferson Center for Mental Health - 5 months ago