As part of the Technical Services organization, the Senior Director of Pre Sales shall possess exemplary leadership, creating and
sponsoring a strategy to grow the pre-sales organization in to a world class business. This will involve developing and leading a team of Pre Sales Systems Engineers that can gain our prospects' technical confidence and promote the success of the AppSense Technical Services and Sales organizations.
As part of their responsibility the Director of Pre-Sales will work closely with the Regional VPs, Sales Managers, Marketing teams and Technical Services leaders. This will involve championing and aligning the pre-sales organization with the Enterprise Sales Model to drive both existing and new product growth, with a particular focus on F50 accounts. An essential requirement for this is commercial and technical guidance within the organization ensuring alignment with the regional sales team and the Technical Services strategy.
The Director of Pre-Sales will create a business plan designed to meet AppSense’s strategic and commercial goals.
The Director of Pre Sales must be able to hire, motivate, develop, and retain quality staffs who are capable of continuing and enhancing AppSense’s success in the User Virtualization marketplace.
The Director of Pre Sales must take a prominent role in evangelizing AppSense’s vision and message.
- Leadership - The candidate needs to show leadership at both a regional and global level. Ensuring the pre-sales function has strong representation within the business and informs part of the go to market strategy.
- Support the Regional Model - The Director of Pre-Sales will be responsible for the overall pre sales framework forming part of the Technical Services strategy, from which all pre-sales teams will operate, resulting in clear communication paths within AppSense and therefore allowing a consistent technical sales strategy to be delivered to customers, partner, and SI’s in every territory to support the regional sales model.
- Channel Enablement – Develop a technical enablement plan to increase channel partner and SI competency allowing them to become more self-sufficient in creating and closing sales opportunities.
- On-Boarding – Build and maintain an effective on-boarding program that will enable all new starters to be brought up to a required standard in a set period of time.
- Training, Development & Career Progression – Ensure that each and every pre-sales team has an effective career and development path to follow, thus allowing for consistent progression through AppSense and enabling regional and global succession planning.
- Matrix Performance Management – Create and maintain a regional matrix to assess current levels of skill set throughout the pre-sales organization, including both technical and commercial ability.
Experience - Knowledge Required & Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of software pre-sales management experience with progressive track record,
- Experience in creating or developing business processes, strategies and technical solution selling practices.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible team player with the desire to pursue personal and team improvement.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters change, creativity, and flexibility.