This position manages the Product Development function to deliver timely and effective execution of the new and enhanced products necessary to meet customer and market need and measures of line-specific growth and innovation. At the heart of this emphasis on innovation is a cross-functional ideation process that is a collaborative effort between Market Development, Customer Insights, Product Marketing and Product Development. This individual uses the outputs of this process to drive innovative, proprietary solutions that derive high margin from their inherently high customer value.
- Manages both new and existing product development processes and associates in coordination with line growth plans, reaching new product revenue targets and delivering the innovation necessary to accelerate J.J. Keller growth.
- Accountable for product gross margin, both within any one product and line and as a blended mix across all lines.
- Contributes to corporate ideation processes, contributing both to improved levels of product innovation and the need for predictable, specific execution of this innovation.
- Helps develop associate growth, including providing clear expectations, feedback, recognition and leadership and ensuring continuity of succession.
- Maintains on-going communication and positive working relationships with all associates, customers (internal and external), and vendors (internal and external)
- Enforces and supports all company policies and procedures. Fully supports the company’s commitment to safety and the environment and strives to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe workplace.
- Encourages and facilitates continuous process improvements for the department and the company as a whole.
- Carries out responsibilities in a fair, ethical, and non-discriminatory manner, and ensures staff follows these guidelines.
- Manages expenses in-line with department budgets and business conditions to maintain margin and profitability.
- 12+ years new product development experience, ideally in a business-to-business, multi-channel environment. Specific experience in publishing, forms, supplies and/or training development a strong plus.
- 6+ years leadership experience in a product development function with an emphasis on a high volume of regular product launches.
- Experience developing and launching proprietary products required; internal manufacturing and third-party product sourcing experience strongly preferred. Launches leveraging intellectual property into tangible products a plus.
- Proven experience creating innovative solutions using formal product development/design methodologies.
- History of continuing education in the product development profession.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a business-related field
Corporate Headquarters in Neenah, WI; in the heart of the rapidly growing Fox River Valley area. Ranked consistently as one of the best places to live in the country, the area offers clean cities, low crime and short commuting distances. It combines the benefits of a small community with the excitement, events and opportunities of a metropolitan area.
Please send all inquiries/resumes for this position directly to The Buffkin Group to Jen Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org
J. J. Keller is a Proud Recipient of Workplace Excellence and Wellness Awards. Equal Opportunity Employer.
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. is the most innovative, respected name in safety and regulatory compliance. Founded by John J. Keller in...