Director of Product Management
My client is looking for an experienced Director of Product Management to drive the evolution and advancement of their video advertising platform. This role is critical to furthering the quality of service we provide their advertisers and publishers and enhancing their competitive position. The ideal candidate will bring proven product management skills and a solid understanding of online ad serving technology to our company.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work for a well-funded, successful startup acknowledged as the innovator in the video advertising space. This is a dynamic role in a rapidly growing company with excellent opportunity for career growth. It is a full-time position, reporting to the head of product management.
- Proactively work with internal teams (e.g., engineering, media, sales), partners and management to set product development priorities
- Identify/gather product requirements and develop preliminary design concepts
- Translate product requirements into marketing and functional specifications, and work closely with engineering to bring it all to life
- Understand existing ad serving technologies and data systems with the goal of improving operational effectiveness; this would include driving improvements in data collection, structure, quality, and breadth
- Lead outsourced design and engineering initiatives
- Manage project schedules and dependencies, and drive cross-functional initiatives
- Stay current with competitors and the online video advertising landscape; keep the company informed on key issues
- Passion for conceiving, designing, building, shipping and sustaining amazing products
- Three or more years experience in product management working directly with design and engineering teams
- Experience in the online ad serving (or related) space
- BS in technical or quantitative discipline; MBA a plus
- Experience in managing aggressive and dynamic projects, with competing resources and priorities; firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end product lifecycle with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development, and launch
- Proven track record of preparing product requirement documents (PRDs) based upon product- and market-driven requirements
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including contractors
- Business mindset with a strong technical bent. Software engineering background highly desirable
- Self-starter with the interest, ability and energy to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bring a great sense of humor and adventure to the workplace!