Director of Production -
Miller International, Inc. , designer of Cinch®, Cruel Girl®, Southern Thread® and Miller Ranch® is looking for an experienced Director of Production who can successfully manage all aspects of product development from concept to delivery using effective calendar management, costing and negotiation, contractor relations and new contractor sourcing techniques, as well as internal management skills.
Based out of Denver, Colorado, Miller International has been continuously evolving its brands with the same pioneering spirit and commitment to excellence as it had when our company was founded in 1918 . We find it essential to keep a sharp eye out for emerging trends. We enjoy carving fresh paths for individuals who live to blaze the trails of modern western style.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables you to get along with vendors, customers, co-workers and management.
· Negotiate with contractors to ensure competitive pricing; Identify and eliminate gratuitous cost factors
· Allocate product to contractors based on affordability and mill capability.
· Communicate with overseas contractors to resolve issues that could affect product, quality, deliveries, etc.
· Collaborate with Design/ Merchandising/Sales for seasonal planning and allocation.
· Participate in Line Reviews and recommend plausible/practical solutions to source the right product from the right market and for the right margin.
· Manage and facilitate timely approvals to support on time deliveries.
· Own the Production Time and Action Calendar.
· Continuously challenge contractors to shorten lead times.
· Lead the team in adjusting to changing priorities.
· Identify opportunities to enhance efficiencies in the Product Development department.
· Daily interaction with the Senior Vice President of Production on issues that could impact style changes, quality, and/or delivery.
· Support management team to achieve profit objective.
· Share top down information that help staff make informed decisions around production.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum of 8-10 years of product development experience and at least 5 years management experience .
· Ability to establish new contractor relationships and maintain existing ones.
· Ability to source new domestic and international contractors.
· Expert knowledge of costing and negotiation, forecasting, manufacturing, sewing assembly, materials, and construction techniques.
· Must be able to manage multiple projects, across several categories, within the set timeline and meeting the standards set by management.
· Ability to use discretion and independent judgment with confident decision-making skills.
· Strong work ethic and positive attitude; desire to establish collaborative relationships to achieve team objectives; ability to tolerate diverse viewpoints. TEAMWORK!
· Business skills, organizational skills, and product awareness.
· Domestic and international travel required.
Our company is FULL of extremely gifted, good natured, dedicated employees who take their jobs very seriously, and have fun doing it. Do you see yourself working in a downtown high rise, wearing a suit and tie or high heels and pantyhose? Well if you do, then Miller probably isn’t for you. Denim is our specialty. Casual atmosphere, casual dress, serious business.
Miller International offers spectacular benefits to ensure its employees are happy and healthy, and the Company firmly believes in the importance of maintaining a proper work-life balance.
If this sounds like a position you genuinely want to fill, send us your resume and cover letter telling us about your experience in Apparel Production and why you would like to work with us.
**Out of state candidates are welcome to apply as long as you are willing to relocate to our beautiful city; Denver, Colorado!
Miller International, Inc. - 15 months ago