The Director of Professional Experiences will work to promote the professional development of Russ College of Engineering and Technology students so that they are prepared to assume professional responsibilities upon graduation.
The areas of responsibility of the office will be:
- Oversee the cooperative education and internship program including building relationships with students and employers, the placement of students in assignments, and the evaluation of student and employers after assignments.
- Implement professional development programming including leading the career orientation course required of all undergraduates.
- Monitor and report on the professional development of students in the Russ College up to initial post-graduation plans.
- Assist Ohio University’s Career and Leadership Development Center with helping students obtain permanent employment.
- Assist with helping students pursue professionally relevant on-campus employments opportunities such as undergraduate research, peer mentoring, tutoring.
Bachelors degree required with at least five years experience following the degree.
At least two years experience in at least two of the following: career services, student advising, recruiting, cooperative education and internship programs.
Experience in an institution of higher education and/or industry. Degree in business, communication, human resources or education.
Masters degree preferred.