We are searching for a Director of Program to strategically develop and implement a business plan for program management and security areas of the organization; ensure company meets its customer contract requirements, achieve budget program profitability; manage cash flow consistent with business plan; establish strong customer relationships through proven leadership, performance and leverage them into additional business opportunities; displays excellence principles.
Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Manage/oversee the execution of all programs within the site. Responsibilities include the definition and implementation of effective program management tools that allow program teams to meet the schedule, performance and budget objectives that are established in the bid process. Mentor program managers so that they can become future business leaders within the site. Conformance with company LCM requirements is required.
2. Work with the senior leadership to formulate the Strategic Growth and Tactical Business plans. Implement plans within your sphere of influence and achieve the budget for areas of responsibility.
3. Assign program requirements within the department staff which best positions Program Management in supporting customer requirements and achieving internal business objectives; evaluate and resolve resource conflicts and work to optimize resource utility for programs.
4. Convey both written and verbal, complex programmatic and technical issues, initiatives and action plans to a variety of audiences.
5. Develop program performance, cost and schedule initiatives; monitor and report progress of programs against established goals; initiate department performance metrics which are aligned with the company strategic and tactical plans.
6. Review and approve cost proposals including certified cost and pricing packages in accordance with defense procurement regulations; accept customer contract awards in accordance with Division policies.
7. Collaborate with Sales & Marketing with customer visits, product presentations, manufacturing representative training and develop strategies to improve capture rate; conduct production program reviews, production readiness reviews, technical and process interchange meetings; coordinate the development and manufacture of pre-production and production product.
8. Provide an environment that complies with company and legal requirements. SHE, ISO, security, TINA and other company required elements.
9. Be an integral team member within the senior staff that works together to achieve collective success as measured by achieving our business objectives and providing a work environment that enables sustainable growth for our employees and business.
10. Manage the security function for the overall site. The team is to insure that the site maintains a minimum of satisfactory rating within the DoD community and shall aspire to commendable of better ratings.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS :
Fifteen (15) years of related experience in Program Management within the Defense or Aerospace Industry, including 3 –5 years as a department head preferred; Bachelor of Arts degree in Business or related field, required; MBA, a plus;
Understands the dynamics of change. Can anticipate, recognize and manage change issues. Challenges the status quo and guides others through changes.
Identifies development needs and makes plans to address them. Supports others career goals and promotes developmental activities. Recognizes the need for planned succession and the avoidance of risk.
Can motivate and provide direction, at the higher levels providing a clear vision. Knows how to get the best from others. Is able and willing to take unpopular decisions. Commands respect and generates enthusiasm. Communicates well to all levels of staff.
Recognizes when a decision is required. Understands how to collect the facts, review options and make well communicated and timely decisions. Can make decisions under pressure and with incomplete data if needed.
Understands the need to anticipate and address potential conflict at the individual, team or project level, does not avoid difficult situations, settles issues quickly.
Knows how to direct, motivate, measure and manage others. Sets clear, stretching and appropriate objectives. Provides fair, robust feedback and takes timely remedial action if needed. Delegates appropriately and does not abrogate.
Knows how to build and manage effective teams. Creates a strong team spirit. Assigns tasks appropriately to team members. Values diversity, using different talents and attributes to best advantage.
If you are an individual with a disability which requires assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can accommodate your situation by contacting HR at 858-505-3400.
Cobham Defense Electronics is Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA M/F/D/V ##