Resolvit IT & Management Consulting is looking for a Director of Project Management Office (PMO) to work as a full-time Resolvit employee in New York, NY. The ideal candidates will be responsible for managing the execution of a large portfolio of IT projects to enable realization of our client’s technology strategy, global expansion and roadmap. The company’s multi-channel technology strategy includes consideration of the architecture for web, mobile, social media, email, interactive messaging, and collaborative platforms.
This is a hands-on position that will involve building a new PMO organization and running the Project Management, Business Analysis, and Quality Assurance (QA) functions globally. Responsibilities include partnering with leaders across the company to prioritize, manage, and execute complex business/technology initiatives. The right candidate will have a proven track record of leading a large-scale PMO within an IT organization and have experience with establishing key project management process frameworks that support a combination of waterfall and agile development methodologies. This position will report to the VP of Technology Strategy.
The Director of Project Management Office (PMO) will be responsible for the following duties to exceed the expectations of the client:
Other skills and requirements include:
- Build a world class PMO capability within the organization
- Manage all aspects of IT’s project portfolio and complex global initiatives including demand management, prioritization, financial analysis, KPI’s, governance, and execution
- Manage strategic financial decisions regarding investment in capital and resources and follow through on budgets, costs and resources for technology organization
- Run PMO, Business Analysis, and QA disciplines using management best practices
- Facilitate interactions between QA and the CIO in an established oversight escalation process
- Analyze and report project budgetary information to the CIO on a regular basis
- Lead communications on project performance to the Senior Executive leadership team
- Lead monthly project prioritization process with executive committee (President, COO, CFO, CIO)
- Provide oversight over project management, including common standards and methodologies to drive consistency across the project portfolio
- Play a senior leadership role in facilitating the annual IT strategic planning process and establishing and tracking the CAPEX budget
- Build productive and collaborative relationships with senior business leaders
- Oversee resource allocation and planning across all projects
- Provide coaching and mentorship to PMO team with regard to the project management discipline
- Manage and oversee large and complex initiatives
- Team effectively with functional counterparts including the VP of Technology Strategy and the Director of Digital Solutions
- Provide leadership and stability to a growing organization in transition
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record; MBA, CS degree or related field preferred
- 5+ years proven experience leading and/or establishing an in-house PMO within an IT organization, with oversight and management responsibility across the full lifecycle (strategy to execution) for a portfolio of IT projects on time and within budget
- Track record of contributing at strategic levels and the ability to motivate and inspire teams
- Ability to balance a large project portfolio against the larger strategic objectives of the organization
- Ability to negotiate, influence and build credibility internally and externally
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Knowledge of the media industry and understanding of digital media business models are strongly preferred
- Experience in retail, hospitality or consumer products industries a must
- Experience building a PMO from scratch and running a QA discipline a plus
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills providing leadership and guidance for technically-focused employee teams
We're a progressive management and IT consulting firm that helps clients' businesses grow with the power of our people—functional and technical experts who bridge the gap between IT and the business that it supports.
Our projects focus on software development and infrastructure support in the vertical markets of: telecommunications, healthcare and biotechnology, manufacturing and distribution, finance, media, and government. Our project managers, programmers, designers, analysts, and engineers support Fortune 1000 clients.
We've grown 121% over the last two years. How? We hire the best in their fields—results-focused professionals with skills that are re-deployable from one engagement to the next. Our employees receive excellent benefits to include Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
At Resolvit, you'll be one of the people growing our business. We'd like to make you part of our success. Contact us to discuss your future.
Click here to apply online
Resolvit, LLC - 6 months ago
Resolvit, LLC is an IT and management consulting firm that drives its clients through the process of defining what they need. We serve as...