Dachis Group, the world’s leading social software and solutions firm, is currently seeking a Director of Project Management. The person in this role will be responsible for overall project management with a focus on project profitability, executional excellence, risk mitigation, resolution, and building, developing, and casting a strong program management team.
The Director sets the strategic direction for the team, defining and implementing standards and processes, managing project management resources, and successfully managing project crisis situations. He/she is are ultimately responsible for planning and coordinating activities of individual projects and overall programs to ensure that the goals are accomplished and needs are met. He/she will ensure project scope is defined, create and manage the project plan, and provide direction to all members of the project team.
The Director of Project Management builds strong relationships with all parts of the business to define viable approaches in line with relevant industry best practices.
Key responsibilities :
- Proactive, ongoing assessment of project scope, resource balancing, and integrity of revenue; Ownership of profitable delivery of client work and enforcement of solid margins with responsibility to escalate issues appropriately.
- Active management of project and program health from the lens of Actuals and Budgets.
- Pre-emptive management and guidance for at risk or high risk projects/programs in order to successfully steer back to smooth delivery.
- Active job status awareness (signed vs. unsigned, new biz, future probability, investments) and their impact on the company to prevent over burn or margin erosion.
- Weekly status reporting with financials.
- Recommendations for improvements and/or process changes with executional responsibility for rolling out agreed changes and ensuring overall compliance.
- Engages directly with client in conjunction with Account Lead to set and manage expectations related to deliverables, timing and scope.
- Actively manage projects and report status utilizing standard tools including project milestones, project plans, project-based cost accounting, and reports.
- Day to day management of the Project Management Department.
- Define responsibilities and set direction for the PM team.
- Ensure proper staffing mix with an eye toward active and ongoing rebalancing and nurturing of Project Management team.
- Ongoing and consistent evaluation of department skills, recommendations for promotions, reductions, and replacements.
- Day to day leadership managing multiple work streams and levels of PM team.
- Demonstration of leadership skills in addressing delivery and performance issues and building team morale.
- Define, establish and socialize DG project management approach and processes.
- Ensure team collaboration & positive environment
- Conduct timely, fair and accurate project reviews for team members.
- Develop processes around project proposal and statement of work creation through collaboration with business partners, including Product, Creative, Accounting/Finance, Technology, and Account Management.
- Develop project proposals and statements of work leveraging experienced key discipline leads (including Consulting, Concept & Design, UX Technology);
- Manage and develop process for scope changes and change requests in collaboration with Legal, Accounting/Finance and other discipline leads.
- Develop standardization in managing project budgets. Establish margin goals per project with the VP of Services.
- Seek to maximize revenue across multiple projects/accounts through project delivery/profit margin.
- Contribute to business development efforts through project scoping, estimating and attending client calls/meetings when required.
- Forge strong partnerships with all key internal stakeholders/department heads, specifically with VP of Services, Finance/Accounting, Legal and other discipline leads.
- Act as ambassador and advocate for the PMO when interacting with business partners and other staff across the organization.
- Lead improvement efforts to increase efficiencies in PMO tools and/or processes.
- Identify and manage/mitigate project risk and issues by exercising, defining standard escalation protocols.
- 10+ years of work experience in a start-up or interactive agency environment
- 3+ years experience managing project management teams
- Proven PMO/Project Management experience
- Previous experience managing or delivering creative, strategic and technical projects.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience and demonstrated success in Global companies (bonus)
- PMI certification preferred
Dachis Group is the global leader in data-driven social marketing solutions. Built on a proprietary big data analytics platform, Dachis Group’s social performance measurement and amplification software applications, collaborative insights and reporting capabilities, and world leading data-driven social marketing solutions group help the world’s largest brands engage@scale with their customers.
Every day, Dachis Group’s big data social analytics platform monitors over 10 billion social behaviors and 50 million+ social signals in real-time. Dachis Group delivers powerful insights by tracking, monitoring and helping manage conversations and content across 35,000 brands, 100 million social accounts, and an aggregate audience of 7 billion followers, fans, subscribers and contributors from 233 countries across dozens of the largest social platforms.
The company serves many of the world’s largest brand marketers and their agencies including Disney, Estée Lauder, US Cellular, Hewlett Packard, Nestlé, and Nokia.
Dachis Group - 14 months ago