DIRECTOR OF PROPERTY OPERATIONS
Fort Lauderdale, FL
EDENS is the leading private retail developer in the United States. Founded in 1966, EDENS has a long history of grocery & food anchored retail developments. The company has transformed itself in the last 10 years into a leading national developer. In 2012, we opened more retail development than any company in the United States, adding to our existing $3.5 B portfolio of 125+ properties in major East Coast cities. The company’s success comes from a unique focus on building developments that connect and enrich the communities we serve. EDENS has an entrepreneurial culture built on the values of innovation, connectivity, passion and stewardship.
Under limited supervision of the Vice President of Property Management, the Director of Property Operations supervises and trains assigned Property Managers in the day-to-day operations of their assigned properties. The Director of Property Operations is responsible for insuring that Property Managers perform income and expense control, property budgeting, preventive and reactive maintenance of the physical plant, administer leases in accordance with departmental policies, coordinate tenant relations and provides exemplary service. The Director of Property Operations assists the Property Managers with technical issues and analysis of above functions, as well as supports and assists Property Managers in planning and scheduling tasks relative to the above functions. The successful candidate will spend 3 months training in our Bethesda, Maryland office.
• Demonstrates outstanding customer service, exemplary communication skills and dynamic interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Visits properties at least quarterly, with/without Property Managers to verify that property standards are met. Generates property inspection reports for Property Managers to review. Assists in identifying all capital requirements.
• Regularly reviews property aging reports to track assigned Property Manager’s delinquency and assists with collections from problem tenants.
• Reviews monthly operating statements to insure adequate expense control.
• Verifies that Property Managers are maintaining current and accurate systems data to include tenant gross sales and insurance information, property information sheets, site plans, roof inventory spreadsheets, move in/out notices, etc.
• Reviews and approves property invoices for each assigned Property Manager to insure budget compliance and proper coding prior to invoice payment.
• Reviews and approves all property contracts.
• Reviews and approves annual operating budget for each property in assigned region.
• Reviews and approves monthly management reports of assigned Property Managers.
• Identifies training needs for Property Managers and develops a plan to achieve those objectives.
• Interacts with Vice President and other Director of Property Operations as a planning team for property assignments and staffing.
• Interacts with Property Owner / Owner’s Representative to determine:
o Ownership objectives
o Operating standards
o On-going property issues
• Provides interdepartmental support to departments such as leasing, investments and development.
• Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 10 years property management experience and a professional designation or candidate for professional designation.
• LEED Accreditation strongly preferred
• Considerable knowledge of real estate management principles, including physical plant management, real estate valuation, lease administration, accounting, and personnel management.
• Proven team building skills and leadership experience.
• Proven creative problem solver.
• Considerable knowledge of general business management practices and principals, including organizational concepts.
• Ability to manage Property Managers and Administrative Personnel engaged in day-to-day property management functions.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with owners/owner’s representatives, tenants, vendors, and inter-office personnel.
• Valid Drivers License.
• Valid Real Estate License or Property Managers License.
• Must be able to operate in Windows environments proficiently. Ability to learn specific property management software. Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel software to meet reporting, correspondence and budgeting needs as defined above. Ability to send and retrieve e-mail and Internet information. Ability to operate computer hardware and manage and download files.
EDENS - 10 months ago
EDENS is the leading private retail developer in the United States. Founded in 1966, EDENS has a long history of grocery & food anchored...