The Director of Public Engagement ensures the sharing of CATA messages with the general public, business community, stakeholder groups and elected officials to gain support for CATA programs. The purpose of this position is to direct and manage the outreach, advertising, marketing, and promotional activities of CATA as well as the community relations and government affairs programs. This is accomplished by planning, coordinating and overseeing the implementation of multi-media advertising campaigns, promotions, special events and public information programs; negotiating and purchasing media advertisements; designing and developing print materials and publications; overseeing the development and maintenance of CATA’s website and social media programs; negotiating sponsorships and partnerships; writing news releases, articles and other print materials; conducting market research; organizing special events and outreach activities; advising and providing recommendations to the Executive Director/CEO and Board of Directors; preparing and monitoring department budget; and directing outside advertising agencies and consultants.
Note: This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential functions below does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this position.
- Manages and implements the Community Outreach Program by developing and implementing a successful and extensive multi-faceted, multi-cultural and multi-lingual public outreach plan, attending community, city council and board meetings, resolving external conflicts, acting as liaison with community, and managing outreach consultants.
- Plans and directs short-range and long-range marketing and promotional campaigns with a special emphasis on programs designed to increase ridership by identifying goals and objectives, researching and analyzing options, preparing plans and writing copy, coordinating graphic design elements, coordinating distribution and media, and analyzing results.
- Develops, monitors, and oversees the production of print materials and publications by identifying goals and objectives, researching and analyzing options, preparing plans, researching subject matter, writing copy, and managing graphics, printing, production, and distribution
- Manages and implements the Government Affairs Program by interacting with federal, state, and local elected officials and their staff, lobbying nationally and within the state on behalf of CATA, representing CATA at legislative conferences as directed, and monitoring the status of key federal and state bills.
- Organizes special events and outreach activities by identifying goals and objectives, preparing and implementing plans, and analyzing results.
- Four (4) years of college resulting in a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications, Marketing or a closely related field, Master’s Degree Preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible management experience in the marketing, public relations, community relations, government relations, managing outreach programs or a closely related field.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be acceptable.
Full time, exempt position with a starting salary range of $59k to $74k, with a top salary of $89k. Full range of benefits including group health, dental, vision, 457(b) retirement, paid holidays, vacation, & sick time.
The expected start date for this position is January 2014
To learn more about Central Arkansas Transit Authority and to see the full job description visit cat.org .
Central Arkansas Transit Authority - 13 months ago
The Central Arkansas Transit Authority is providing notice that it will be accepting diesel quotes from interested vendors to fuel CATAs...