Position Summary :|
Serves as the Director of Purchasing of Mosaica Education, Inc. (MEI) responsible for purchasing/procurement operations and participates in efforts leading to cost optimization, improved quality and enhanced innovation through the development of strategic sourcing initiatives, assurance of sourcing compliance and effective contract negotiation.
Primary Tasks :
Establish procurement operations to ensure continual monitoring, assessment, and analysis of commodity and service requirements.
Develop and implement cost-efficient and appropriate sourcing strategies to support MEI business needs.
Take the lead role in market assessments, RFPs, bid strategy development, supplier negotiations and contract development and implementation activities, including services contracts and the acquisition of high dollar value property and equipment purchases.
Serve in a consultative role to senior management by determining how to assist each department in achieving their goals by developing an understanding of unique purchasing needs and budgets.
Create sourcing plans and strategies that best meet company needs while ensuring compliance with all applicable Federal and State rules and regulations, e.g. O.S.H.A., D.O.E., E.P.A., and other Federal and State agencies having jurisdiction over the products and services acquired.
Work with the Business Development Team in licensing our proprietary program features to non-MEI schools through licensing agreements
Responsible for providing Design Team support for intellectual property matters, including copyright permissions, fair usage laws, and licensing of third-party materials as internal multimedia support materials in Mosaica’s own proprietary leadership and teacher training materials, as well as in its Paragon curriculum offerings.
Provide counseling in trademark law including developing and maintaining policing protocols, clearance searches, applications and disputes/conflicts.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent training and experience.
- Four (4) years’ experience in procurement management, sourcing administration and negotiation
- Considerable knowledge of principles of procurement, compliance, procurement law, knowledge of other public procurement in a state or federal environment.
- Understanding of significance and commitment to supplier diversity programs.
- Strong leadership, organizational, project management and planning skills with the ability to meet deadlines and facilitate solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Mosaica Education - 18 months ago