A Director of Purchasing is responsible for managing the purchasing function for the division.
Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Product procurement, inventory turns, pricing, and product returns
- Working with sales staff to grow the business
- Product expertise and marketing
- Vendor relationship building
- Customer satisfaction and customer contract management
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and other departments,
- Hiring and training of procurement staff
- Attend and participate in company events, customer meetings and other meetings as required
About Reinhart Foodservice:
- High School diploma or GED, with college degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years experience in management role
- 5+ years experience in purchasing, and preferably in the food distribution industry
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of sources of supplies, price trend and grades or quality of material and products
- Working knowledge of laws and ordinances governing the purchase of goods and services
Founded in 1972, Reinhart Foodservice, L.L.C. is one of the most progressive and efficient broadline foodservice distributors in the United States. The company provides fresh produce, proteins, ingredients, supplies and equipment to customers across the U.S. through its state-of-the art distribution center network. Reinhart Foodservice is part of the Reyes Holdings organization. Aligned with leading brewers and foodservice providers, Reyes Holding delivers the best-known brands and widest variety of food and beverage items to retailers around the world. The company is comprised of three divisions: The Martin-Brower Company, Reyes Beverage Group and Reinhart Foodservice. Reyes Beverage Group operates in 10 major markets delivering beer to over 31,000 accounts across America. Martin-Brower serves over 14,000 McDonald's restaurants around the world
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service; overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resource department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
Reinhart FoodService L.L.C. - 13 months ago
Reinhart is the Nation's third largest independent foodservice distributor. We are a family-owned company that has been around for over 30...