SUMMARY: Directs purchasing, inventory control & distribution processes for all primary locations, plus providing support for all capital purchases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for annual purchases in excess of $100 million and an average inventory value of $6.4 million.
- Provides strategic leadership to the Purchasing and Inventory management team and the internal customers they serve.
- Represents Seaboard Foods in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers. Locates vendors of material, equipment or supplies and evaluates product availability and terms of sales.
- Ensures that purchasing and inventory control processes and methods are in place to provide quality services to operations in a timely, efficient and economical manner.
- Directs all competitive bid efforts, including those coordinated with affiliated companies to achieve maximum synergies.
- Maintains an optimum inventory investment level, based on usage, availability and projected requirements.
- Ensures all business is conducted with vendors in a professional, arms-length manner to ensure the integrity of the company and its employees is not compromised.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: College degree or equivalent desired but not required; 8-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Strategic individual that is able to provide vision and implementation for a competitive purchasing system.
Seaboard Foods - 30+ days ago
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...