WCI Communities creates amenity-rich, master-planned lifestyle communities, catering to primary, retirement and second-home buyers. Dedicated to product and service excellence as a People First® certified company, WCI offers traditional single and multi-family home choices with prices from the mid-$100,000s to just under $1 million. In addition to homebuilding and development, WCI generates revenues from its Prudential Florida Realty business, the second largest residential realty company in Florida; its Wells Fargo-affiliated mortgage services; insurance and title services, and its recreational amenities, as well as through land sales and joint ventures. For more information, visit www.WCICommunities.com.
Management responsibility for Purchasing department and Design Studio operations of a luxury developer in Florida. Develop, implement and manage home building purchasing policies, processes and procedures to align with corporate objectives and maintain the quality of our product. Performs a multi-faceted supervisory role including responsibility for overseeing the operation of the computer based purchase order system for bidding and budgeting, through vendor/subcontractor invoice.
- Manage the Purchasing process of Estimating, Creating and Maintaining Budgets – create construction budgets for residential homes and adjust those budgets as necessary to accommodate design changes, changing subcontractors and subcontractor increases.
- Determine efficiencies that reduce costs, cutout or reduce non-value added steps and make recommendations to WCI Home Building to use in negotiations with Manufacturer, Distributor, Installer/subcontractor and Vendor.
- Manage the awarding of contracts – Issue Subcontractors Base Agreements, Scopes of Work, Schedule of Values and new vendor packages. Issue bid packages to subcontractors and vendors
- Manage Subcontractor Issues – Handle all sub issues as they pertain to scopes of work, draw schedules and cost-related conflicts.
- Manage Custom Option Pricing – Estimate custom options and provide pricing to Selection Coordinators or Director of Sales as requested.
- Manage the Creating & Maintaining Communities in Enterprise One – Build complete jobs in Enterprise One, including budgets, item masters and supplier assignments, review information frequently and adjust as necessary.
- Manage the Creating & Maintaining Start Packages / Standard Purchase Orders – Assigning master community information to a specific lot and model type, issuance of start packages to Project Managers, adjusting master information as needed (i.e. design changes, change of vendor, etc.); issuance of option/upgrade work orders based on homebuyer selections to be attached to standard start packages.
- Manage the Processing & Imputing Extra Work Orders – Review and process incoming requests for extra work orders; code extra work orders accordingly for review at job cost meeting.
- Manage the company’s Hard-Cost Summary Reports – Complete and update Hard-Cost Summary reports and all other job-cost reports as requested.
- Manage the Creating and Maintaining of Option/Upgrading Pricing Books.
- Generate subcontractor agreements for all subcontractors
- Management Responsibility for maintaining Enterprise One Contract Budgets.
- Ensure procedures are in place that all requests for Work Orders are approved by Construction Managers and Purchasing Manager. Approved and coded requests are properly entered into Enterprise One, printed & distributed Extra Work Order/Purchase Order get o subcontractor effectively and efficiently.
- Responsible for overall performance of the Design Studio with ongoing interaction with architecture, sales, purchasing, construction, closing and corporate to achieve WCI goals.
- Responsible for Design Studio financial performance.
- BS or BA, 4 year degree required, Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years Homebuilder experience with comparable responsibilities, 1000+ homes per year in multi-markets
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively, internally and externally, subcontractors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Enterprise One experience desired.
WCI Communities - 23 months ago
WCI Communities develops luxury residential communities and homes in Florida. Founded in 1946, it caters primarily to retirement and...