Kelton is a rapidly growing, boutique communication and insights firm looking for a talented and experienced qualitative researcher to work as part of the research team. Our clients offer us incredible diversity of subject matter and methodological requests; our key clients include Pfizer, Target, the University of California, Best Buy, and many others. The perfect candidate is bright, passionate and a consummate professional, equally adept at strategic thought and deadline driven deliverable creation. This is a very fast-paced environment: candidates without recent agency side and/or consulting experience need not apply.
The Kelton leadership team is made up of seasoned communication, marketing and insights professionals who come from varied backgrounds; there is therefore a real opportunity to learn and teach in this entrepreneurial environment.
- Serve as project lead with key client accounts and manage teams
- Play the role of lead interviewer in the gathering of insights, primarily in-depth interviews, focus group moderation, and ethnography
- Maintain high levels of satisfaction among our current accounts, and assist company principals in winning new ones
- Develop – along with the leadership team – the approaches and methodology best suited to client needs
- Help sustain a profitable, stable and growth oriented business, consistent with delivering the utmost quality of thinking and output
- Staff training and development
- Excellent and experienced moderator and interviewer
- Experience with ethnography and online research
- Methodological design experience a must
- At least half of work experience must be on the agency side, with our preference being for candidates from a recent collaborative environment, as opposed to individual proprietors
- Secondary degree in a social science is important (M.A. in cultural anthropology, sociology, psychology preferred)
- Previous project management experience; clear understanding of project set-up, recruiting, familiarity working with an expanded team i.e. agency, corporate, consultants, freelancers
- Experience in communications and branding strategy
- Ability to visually represent data, familiarity with the creation of frameworks
- Previous workshop planning and moderating desired
You must be brave, dynamic, curious and seasoned enough to operate independently. You must be willing and able to handle multiple projects at the same time. You must have knowledge of the pharmaceutical/medical and CPG industries, as well as experience leading clients in this field. This is a “no-drama, no-diva”, informal but extremely hard working environment where teams are tight and really help each other – you can expect the same working here. Position can be travel intensive at times. Kelton offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
To be considered for this position, please send your WORD or PDF resume and cover letter via email to
with “Director, Qualitative Research” in the subject line.