Director of Quality Control
The Corporate Quality Control group is responsible for ensuring best in class product quality through developing, implementing and sustaining effective quality control systems and test methods. As leader of the Corporate Quality Control team, and reporting into the VP Manufacturing, the Director will be responsible for driving ongoing quality system compliance and continuous improvement in Colorant, Paint, and Resin manufacturing.
- Oversee the operational aspects of the Quality Control function relating to the manufacture and distribution of products in strict accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, current Good Manufacturing Practices, company policies and procedures and the Benjamin Moore Quality System.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct the quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards: Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulate and maintain quality control objectives and coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with plant quality and manufacturing managers to maximize product reliability and optimize efficiency.
- Plan, promote, and organize training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Assure that all plant quality control laboratories operate in an efficient and safe manner in accordance with cGMP and OSHA requirements.
- Implement effective plant hygiene programs and advise management on effectiveness of routine plant sanitation and cleaning programs. Guide plants during special plant sanitation issues including microbiological and environmental control.
- Enhance and implement effective measurements on quality performance with specific focus on product consistency. Provide monthly status reports, including metrics for quality targets at the manufacturing plants.
- Leverage specification systems to ensure accuracy and increase agility.
- Build the organizational capability and vitality of the Quality team via effective career development, coaching and mentoring.
- Responsible for operational compliance to Quality policies, systems, specifications and procedures to protect Benjamin Moore equity and ensure consistent delivery of consumer desired products across the manufacturing network.
- Proactive leadership in system-wide audits across supply network to ensure material, process, product and operational conformance to specifications and other requirements.
- Assure the organization maintains a robust quality audit program and that the RCA process is effective.
- Develop, implement and monitor the Quality Control process, personnel, and methods to ensure raw materials and finished product meet all established physical specifications, quality system and external customer requirements.
- Assure that critical or strategic priorities at the manufacturing sites and corporate levels are afforded resources and sufficient Quality oversight. This includes product scale up, product non-conformance and other product quality issues that may arise.
- Ensure that policies, procedures and systems are effectively implemented to continually maximize Benjamin Moore’s ability to effectively protect brand equity while balancing the risks needed to deliver superior business results.
- Develop QC work plans and assign tasks as needed to support the manufacturing plan.
- Responsible for test methods, calibration of lab equipment and processes to insure that product quality standards are achieved.
- Establish and maintain department training plan and proficiency tests.
Search words: QC executive; QC jobs; careers in quality control; QC management roles; consumer packaged goods industry jobs; careers in CPG industry
- 10+ years of experience in a consumer goods manufacturing environment with at least 10 years in quality; developing and implementing quality systems is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Engineering (especially Chemical Engineering), Business, or a Science is required.
- Extensive knowledge of statistics, data collection, analysis, and data presentation and the ability to examine data and draw accurate meaningful conclusions that can be turned into preventive or corrective action plans.
- Excellent project management and interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Specific education or ASQ certification in quality, six sigma, lean or other quality related programs is preferred. One or more ASQ certifications such as MBB, BB, CQM, CQE is desired.
- Track record of leading and working successfully within a team environment.
- Extensive knowledge of laboratory and testing protocols
- Excellent project management and organizational skills that ensure accuracy, efficiency, and timely results
- Experience and proficiency in the following areas: RCA,SPC, lean manufacturing concepts (5S, Kaizen, etc.), Six sigma, Design of experiments
Work location – Flanders, NJ; regular travel to Corporate HQ in Montvale, NJ; ability to travel to plant locations, suppliers and customer locations as needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make our career page and applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...