University Healthcare Alliance (UHA) has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Quality Improvement and Value Performance. This role will be responsible for developing, managing, and directing the Value Performance organization for the Affinity Medical Solutions operating division of UHA. The Network Value Performance department is responsible for managing all value-based programs for UHA and its partnering entities, including providers participating in UHA's Foundation Medical Groups and providers contracted with UHA affiliated IPAs. Value-based programs include, but are not limited to, the California Integrated Healthcare Associatio'ss Pay for Performance (Pay for Value) Program, the CMS Medicare Advantage Star Programs, and Affinity's Senior Health Review Program.
The Director will develop goals, measures, and reporting of network performance against internal and external benchmarks.In assisting in the building of the function, the Director will design and implement operations and communication systems to support goals as well as identify, obtain, and manage appropriate resources, including staff, necessary to achieve system performance goals. This will require the establishment of special projects as needed to address growth as well as unexpected network requirements as they arise and will require working closely with other departments, especially utilization management, to achieve collaborative goals and results.
Desired Skills & Experience
We invite you to send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com . Please include "Director of Quality Improvement and Value Performance" in the subject line.
- Strong understanding the California IHA Pay for Performance (or Pay for Value) program or the HEDIS based quality measures
- Knowledge of the CMS Medicare Advantage Star Program
- Strong quantitative and analytic abilities required
- Superb communication skills (written, oral, and presentation skills) with inherent ability as an active listener and demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation, and influencing and leadership skills
- A self-starter, driven for results
- Demonstrated ability in working with multiple teams in a heavily matrixed organizational structure and a strong history of establishing collaborative relationships with physicians, other practitioners, and practice site staff
- Demonstrated ability to source performance problems as well as development and implementation of innovative solutions
- Experience designing and implementing provider and system quality initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute complex projects in complex environments
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects with appropriate attention to detail in managing internal and external contacts
- Familiarity with comparative data bases and statistical methodology preferred
- Bachelor's degree required or Advance management degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years healthcare practice or physicians quality management experience
- 5 or more years of experience directly supervising staff
- Strong healthcare technology experience with demonstrated familiarity with variety of EHR systems, a variety of public and private healthcare reporting systems, and knowledgeable with a variety of data reporting formats
University HealthCare Alliance - 14 months ago