Job Title: Director of Quality
Reports To: Managing Director
Compensation: $100,000, plus 20% Bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive, including Medical, Dental, 401K and Relocation
About our Client : Confidential.
Key Responsibilities: KR-088-13
The Director of Quality will lead and set the direction for the functional quality teams comprised of the Package Quality assessment, Microbiological Laboratory and Technical Services Laboratory. This position has the responsibility for the overall quality of processing, dry supplies and finished package conformance to specifications for distilled spirits blending, processing and bottling. This position is to ensure program compliance and the effective implementation and verification of activities relating to all formula, GMP’s, hygiene procedures and HACCP program for the Plant. The Director of Quality provides for the disposition of held products (including raw materials and finished goods). The Directpr pf Quality coordinates complaint investigation, root cause analysis and timely follow-up to consumer complaints. This position is also responsible for the budgetary performance and support of new product/ project initiatives.
Responsible for the conformance to processing and packaging specifications.
a. Bottling and Processing - Report daily sample results to operations and nonconformance issues related to product quality. Serves as a technical resource for trouble shooting quality issues.
b. Compliance to product design (formula and procedures).
c. Engineering & Maintenance - Report daily wastewater results.
- Development and training of individuals and teams.
- Coordinate root cause analysis regarding consumer complaints to ensure timely follow-up and timely response.
- Organoleptic Committee - Evaluation of ingredients and products.
- Planning and Logistics - Report that the products that require micro testing are released before needed for shipment.
- Material Handling - Must provide notification if there is a problem with product requiring micro testing to keep shipping aware of release status.
- Truck/ Railcar Wash Facilities - Audit facilities to determine acceptability. Resolve, reduce or follow up on corrective actions from vendor.
- Dry Supply Vendors - Resolve, reduce or follow up on corrective actions from purchased materials. Provide feedback on supplier performance. Technical resource for material change and vendor selection.
- Ingredient Supplier - Resolve, reduce or follow up on corrective actions from purchased materials. Provide feedback on supplier performance.
- Supply vendors - Responsible for locating microbiology and laboratory supplies. Must lcontinue to update methods that will be used in the lab.
- External Auditors - ISO Certification.
About The River Group
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year) or equivalent in the physical sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.) or applied mathematics.
- Must have experience with distilled spirits blending and bottling.
- Applies extensive Quality knowledge as an internal consultant, researcher, or final authority in the area of expertise.
- Resumes presented to The River Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
- After your resume is submitted to the company you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers, and managing the negotiations.
Monster - 16 months ago