Electrochem, a subsidiary of Greatbatch, Ltd, is seeking a Director of R&D/Technology.
The primary purpose of this position is to lead the strategic direction and the execution of all Research & Technology Development initiatives and programs across the business. Key functions include the development of technology and product roadmaps, and support of new business growth initiatives - including assessment of mergers, acquisitions, and licensing opportunities consistent with the strategic business goals.
We are seeking a Director of R&D/Technology for our client who specializes in customized rechargeable and non-rechargeable battery cells, battery packs, charging and docking stations, and power supplies for the portable medical market.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Adheres to GB Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
Drive the creation and execution of strategic technology and product roadmaps, including responsibility for all technology initiatives across the business supporting the strategic business plan. Works closely with other departments to ensure proper implementation.
Manages a team of engineers, technicians and fellow scientists to identify and develop new technologies and product concepts in support of strategic business plans.
Stay abreast of innovations in technology. Utilize this knowledge to proactively propose initiatives that drive value based on key strategic mandates.
Monitor technologies being used within relevant industries, by both direct and indirect competitors, to help Electrochem maintain its competitive advantage.
Ensures the timely completion and proper prioritization of R&D initiatives on budget.
Partners with other functions (Finance, Sales & Marketing) to translate new business opportunities into technology/new product concept programs.
Conducts research on industries and companies for investment and R&D programs.
Assists in the search and screen of new investments and internal development programs.
Coordinates product approval trials in collaboration with GB Clinical Regulatory resources as required, analyzes the outcomes, and makes appropriates modifications.
Participates in succession planning for management positions and in the recruitment and/or development of new talent for positions.
Assists in the development of business plans for proposed development programs.
Directs and controls all budgets related to department.
Performs other functions as required.
- Master’s degree in technical discipline required, MBA preferred
- 15+ years of technical experience with 8 years in a managerial capacity with increasing area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated creative thinker; ability to see the "big picture" with ability to synthesize and communicate innovation strategies delivering on company goals.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects and cross-functional teams and deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Experience in medical device development
- Proven experience in evaluating new technology and business opportunities, including M&A. Excellent communication skills internal and external (customer focused)
Some travel required.
Greatbatch - 13 months ago
ElectroChem Incorporated was founded in 1986 with a strong reputation for successful problem solving in the field of fuel cells - a...