TMI Hospitality is looking for a sales driven Regional Director of Sales for our Texas market!
The Director of Regional Sales oversees the sales and marketing efforts of all property level sales personnel located at hotels within their assigned region. This position also oversees revenue generation at all assigned properties in order to meet and exceed budget expectations.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Director of Regional Sales completes the following essential job functions within established organizational and department policies, procedures, deadlines and budget parameters.
o Supervise, plan and direct work assignments; reward and discipline; address complaints and resolve problems. Responsible for the selection, training, development, and appraisal of personnel, up to 15 employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
o Directly manages the sales activities of all sales personnel that sell for 2 or more hotels.
o Monitors sales progress and activities for all sales personnel that sell one property; makes recommendations for development to General Manager and Area Director.
o Reviews and focuses on hotels designated as “Key Hotels” to ensure that all distribution channels and accounts are optimized.
o Assists properties in developing and maintaining marketing plan and sales budget with the General Manager, Area Director, Regional Vice President and Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
o Reviews Sales and Marketing Action plans, pricing strategies, and market positioning in order to effectively direct the sales efforts and overall sales strategy.
o Organizes and oversees the annual Request for Proposal processes from Brands, and is responsible for ensuring that assigned hotels participate at the appropriate rate level for the future year.
o Develops national accounts in conjunction with property sales and national sales associates.
o Assists and participates regularly in sales calls to major room night generators.
o Provides sales training to associates involved in both the inside sales and outside sales process.
o Analyzes Revenue Management strategy using star reports, trend reports, demand analysis, and property revenue management systems.
o Conducts property visits and sends recap of each visit to appropriate management personnel.
o Develops, maintains and insures revenue growth with designated key accounts in assigned regions
o Maintains working knowledge of revenue management and inventory management systems as well as knowledge of all brand sales and marketing initiatives.
o Initiates interviews for potential property level sales personnel.
o Acts as a resource in use of marketing and advertising funds.
o Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
• Bachelor’s degree; with three to five years related experience and/or training in a multi-property environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of hotel revenue management strategy.
• Comprehensive knowledge of business travel, extended stay and leisure group markets.
• Ability to incorporate marketing initiatives to support sales strategies and activities.
• Thorough knowledge of industry trends.
• Articulate and skilled with written and verbal communication.
• Knowledgeable and skilled in giving presentations.
• Ability to manage multi-projects from multi-properties with a sense of urgency.
• Knowledge of the selling process.
• Ability to be highly organized with the ability to sell in a multi-brand, multi-property environment.
• Ability to adjust focus and priorities as needed.
• Ability to build effective working relationships with internal team members and management through verbal and written means.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team player.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Ability to organize and establish priorities.
• Ability to manage difficult customers, internal and external and responds promptly to the needs of customers.
• Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of the time required.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.
TMI Hospitality - 30+ days ago