Reports to VP of Health and Residential Services. Plans, develops and administers the assigned residential and group home programs within Agency policy, licensing, and accreditation guidelines. Supervises relevant Program Managers and other residential staff. Frequently travels from various sites in personal vehicle to monitor operations, conducting announced and unannounced visits to the sites. Attends internal and external meetings related to scope of responsibilities. Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with staff and outside resources. Must have strong data and clinical skills in analyzing trends across programs ensuring safety and well being are the focus. Must understand performance outcomes the agency programs must achieve and monitoring of these outcomes ensuring the programs are meeting the performance benchmarks. Also must have knowledge of clinical best practices when working with children and youth in residential and group home care. Utilizes strong knowledge of verbal and physical intervention skills. Use of verbal and physical intervention including restraint of clients weighing a minimum of 50 pounds. The use of intervention skills requires frequent kneeling and return to standing position without assistance. Demonstrates quality leadership to enable the smooth operation and correlation of agency services. Director of Residential Services is on-call 24 hours daily, 7 days a week.
other contracting agency requirements.
- Serves as direct administrative back up to program managers in their absence.
- Develops and recommends to the VP of Health and Residential Services long and short range plans for the continued development of the agency residential program. These plans must include development of a treatment model along with practice reform efforts around reduced length of stay and placements in family settings whenever possible. Plans also must include behavior intervention strategies to work with complex youth.
- Interprets trends in area of program assigned and communicates information to the VP of Health and Residential Services, the Chief Program Officer and agency staff.
- Maintains involvement in the professional field attending various meetings driving best practice in residential treatment and other field efforts around high end care.
- Interviews, employs, and makes recommendations for disciplinary action and termination of staff within area of responsibilities.
- Oversees maintenance of client's records according to agency, D.C.F.S., Medicaid policies and
- Holds regular staff meetings for each area of assignment
- Holds regular supervision with assigned direct report staff.
- Works collaboratively with the Vice President of Human Resources in ensuring knowledge of and adherence to personnel policies and practices.
- Actively involved in the planning, delivery, and supervision of training related to own area of expertise as well as the needs of the program.
- Works collaboratively with other agency staff to ensure a well-planned and cooperative total agency team approach to programs and services.
- Holds regular collaborative meetings between residential staff and staff from the other agency continuums in working to meet the needs of the youth the agency serves.
- Committed to and works effectively with clients and staff in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrates a commitment to and participates in continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
- On call to address emergencies by phone and in person.
- Assumes other administrative tasks as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Master's degree. LCSW, LCPC, or Psychologist preferred and related supervisory experience in the human services field.
- Requires the ability to provide quality leadership, which promotes the effective and smooth operation of agency's services.
- Requires well-developed management and written and oral communication and computer skills.
- Five years related experience and 3 plus years of progressive supervisory/administrative experience.
- Driver's license and access to personal vehicle required.