Position will be responsible for supervising/managing/overseeing the fine dining restaurant and bar, oceanside cafe & bar, banquet room and in-room dining, using a hands-on approach.
In preparing for this position, candidate ideally will have worked in at least the following departments or positions: 3-5 years experience as a Restaurant Manager and other Food and Beverage management positions in a fine resort or hotel property.
Requires a minimum of 3-5 year(s) of supervisory experience.
Requires a minimum of 5 year(s) of experience.
This position reports to: General Manager
Must have experience at properties of similar size and quality. |
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Oversee all phases of outlet operations.
- Strong track record maintaining consistent standards.
- Personally traing waitstaff and bartenders.
- Closely monitor guests dining experiences.
- Develop and implement creative strategies to increase revenues and average checks.
- Develops promotions and theme nights.
- Run energetic, informative daily lineups.
- Maintain impeccable cleanliness standards.
- Maintain a strong presence on the floor.
- Experience developing shift strategies.
- Closely coordinate opening and closing procedures.
- Plan, coordinate & implement special events and holiday functions.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees.
- Experience making presentations in front of groups.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Demonstrate team building experience.
- Track record promoting an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- Build morale and spirit.
- Participative management style.
- Use a "hands-on" approach to management.
- Solid career progression up through the ranks.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- Experience communicating, training, and managing multi-lingual staffs.
- A mentor who has inspired, trained, and developed people for promotion.
- Experience training and cross-training employees.
- Instill a guest service attitude in all employees.
- Instill a "can-do" attitude in employees.
- Coach employees how to resolve and de-escalate conflicts.
- Instill a calm, organized approach in all situations.
- Strong technical skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Work with limited support.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of computers.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Exceptional detail in follow-up.
- Strong budgetary, projections, and cost control skills.
- Excellent cost control skills
- Ability to produce consistent profits.
- Follow/enforce company policies and procedures.
- Resolve problems.
- Assume responsibility/accountability.
- Excellent safety and sanitation skills.
- Knowledge of the following foreign languages, not required, but highly desired: Spanish
- Create courteous, friendly, professional work environment.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Think creatively.
- Forecasting skills.
- Involved with local community to develop business.
- Juggle and balance needs of company and owner.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Technical school or formal technical skills training.
- AA/AS Two year degree.
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalency.
Based on Experience
Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Free Parking
- Employee Funded 401-k with Employer match
- Educational Assistance
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.
Benchmark Hospitality International - 18 months ago